For over 12 years, Kuzco Lighting has distinguished itself in the lighting industry with its bold designs in contemporary decorative fixtures. Kuzco has been recognized by the 2108 Growth 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing companies; we are a growing team based in Vancouver, BC and New York City.
At Kuzco Lighting we focus on providing a high-quality product with exceptional customer service. Our Employees are very important to us, and we strive to be a great place to work!
Kuzco is currently looking for exceptional talent to join the team at our Design Studio in NYC. The Technical Industrial Designer will report to the Director of Product & Design.
• Manage/maintain all in-house model making & rapid prototyping machines/tools/supplies.
• Complete all technical phases of lighting product design/conception through final phases.
• Stay current on technology and the lighting industry.
• Sketch models/mockups to create SolidWorks CAD models.
• Provide preliminary/rough engineering CAD to explain design intent, construction methods and manufacturing processes to factory partners.
• Provide engineering solutions in CAD and react to/support the development process with an emphasis on maintaining design intent.
• Introduce new materials and processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidate should be:
• A professional who is exceptionally well organized, resourceful, conscientious, dedicated and detail-oriented with exceptional visual communication skills, very good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
• Decisive and articulate. You have a point of view, with the ability to provide productive critiques and defend decisions, driven by the purpose of inspiring the best creative output.
• Efficient and creative with time management and resources.
• Technically adept, strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
• A person who possesses a passion for modern design and architecture.
• A person who asks great questions. You are eager to learn and continue to grow with us.
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or related field with a strong focus product development.
• Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience.
• Advanced in SolidWorks modeling, Key Shot rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, rapid prototyping, model making, and sketching.
• Experience with manufacturing processes.
This is a full-time position based in our design studio in NYC.
If you have the skills and talents to contribute to the growth and success of Kuzco Lighting, please email your cover letter and resume.
Please submit a digital link to your portfolio.
Kuzco Lighting thanks all applicants but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.