For people who love their jobs, the work is easy – finding those people, is hard. We’re actively
searching for toy designers who are eager to work in an inclusive environment that praises
initiative, curiosity, and critical thinking. At Schylling, opportunities outweigh boundaries and we’re seeking designers ready to join a team that values your ideas, encourages collaboration, and prioritizes project ownership.
At Schylling we have a deep appreciation for toys and product development. This is a home where you can draw upon our collective years of experience, playing, designing, and bringing ideas to life. Even our President has a design background and works very closely with our creative team, although this key position reports to our Vice President of Product Development.
We have a clear vision on our team but we’re also looking for individuals that challenge our
conventions as we continually transform the way we work. If this speaks to you as a toy designer, as a professional, and more importantly as a human being, then we should talk. We’re really looking forward to it.
Job Requirements and Skills:
• BA or BS in Toy Design, Industrial Design.
• +8 years of professional industrial design experience with a toy or children’s
• Solid drawing and rendering skills using sketchbook pro and photoshop. Strong 2D
visual communication skills required - should be comfortable drawing on a Cintiq
tablet with Sketchbook Pro, Photoshop, or similar.
• A desire to collaborate with a team and appreciate the benefits of that experience.
• Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a business-oriented mindset.
• Passion for toys and children’s products is essential to be effective in the role.
• Strong knowledge and interest of toy industry trends, leading brands, products, and
• Experience with daily manufacturing partner communication.
• Proficient in all phases of the design process – preliminary, development, and
• Have the passion to keep up with new creative trends.
• Be a driving force and part of the team responsible for new ideation.
• Lead all aspects involving the design of Schylling products from initial product
strategy, ideation, product design & engineering execution to final production.
• Lead the planning and necessary problem solving for producing product concepts
• Create design concepts, 3D models, 3D printed prototypes, drawings, and
specifications that provide clear and precise direction for manufacturing and
• Coordination of communicating all specifications and design files to effectively lead
the engineering initiatives with overseas manufacturing partners, ensuring
development goals are clearly understood and achieved.
• Work with team leads in managing schedules to ensure on-time delivery of
What we offer:
• A chance to grow in an environment that appreciates you as an individual.
• Competitive salary and consideration for annual bonus incentives.
• Medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible spending plans, company-paid life
insurance, paid time off, and product discounts.
Please include a link to your portfolio, as well as desired salary range.