Ammunition is an international design studio providing services in product design, brand strategy and identity, UX design, graphic design, and packaging. While Ammunition’s strengths are diverse across design disciplines, our real expertise is to redefine markets by using design to create new business territory, and to communicate and connect with customers. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, our approach is to create new, exciting experiences for customers that communicate the unique proposition and the brand of our clients, and to differentiate in meaningful ways.
UX design at Ammunition is focused on defining and designing the customer experience for the physical and digital products we create. The UX designer works in a team with our clients, to understand the business goals and technology, and with our strategists, to develop a vision for the product in the marketplace. In this team, the UX designer represents the goals of the user, drawing on an array of research techniques to develop a point of view about user needs, and on storytelling techniques to develop and communicate a compelling vision for the desired experience. The UX designer will be part of a team developing client workshops, research strategies, user personas, use scenarios, feature requirements, and interface wireframes. They will collaborate with industrial designers, package designers, UI designers, and developers to bring the experiences to life in digital and physical products. Working at Ammunition is an exciting opportunity to stretch your UX skills across a wide range of product types and industries and experience the process of bringing products from an entrepreneur’s mind into customers’ hands.
The User Experience designer works under the direction of Ammunition’s UX leadership as they grow into a position of leading their own UX projects.
• Work collaboratively and productively with clients and studio team members to create excellent, effective, market-leading designs.
• Understand the business goals and technology constraints of the product, and translate those into concrete product requirements.
• Carry out research of various types, including shadowing, user interviews, and prototype testing, to gain insight into user needs and preferences.
• Find and learn from analogous products to benchmark market norms.
• Create well-targeted personas that define user concerns to address in the product design.
• Develop scenario storyboards that communicate key desired experiences in the use of the product being designed.
• Develop and prioritize feature lists, based on experience requirements and technical considerations.
• Develop interaction architectures digital sketches of interfaces that elegantly accommodate the desired features.
• Critique and test digital interfaces, physical products, and packaging against user needs.
• 1-3 years’ experience in UX practices, including user research planning and execution, persona development, and interface design
• Portfolio demonstrating a sophisticated approach to business, technology, and experience requirements in UX design for digital and, ideally, physical products, across multiple industries
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, and to create clear and attractive presentations of ideas
• Facility with Sketch/InVsion and Adobe CC products
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “UX Designer” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.