We are building digital tools for the ever-evolving venture capital and private investment workflow. We are a well-funded start-up in San Francisco based in the scenic Presidio.
We are looking for an experienced UX Designer to join our team and take our product to the next level. If you are someone who:
- wants the responsibility for defining and driving a user-centered design approach to evolve our product;
- is a truly user-centered UX designer - passionate about understanding users and will do user research and usability testing to fully develop designs;
- focuses on the big picture - understands not just user needs, but product strategy, technical requirements, and business needs to fully inform your design decisions;
* Approximately 3+ years of hands-on, professional, applied interaction and/or visual design (outside of any school program coursework) is required for this position.
* Demonstrable knowledge and skills in interaction and visual design at an experienced level. Creating wireframes, visual design, design specifications, functional prototypes, concept designs, etc., should be a straightforward production ability. You should be able to show us work samples that demonstrate your passion for design and breadth of ability. You should be able to describe work situations where you helped lead other designers, developers, and product managers in design direction.
* Well-versed in "user research and usability". As the primary champion for UX, you understand that user research and usability is a foundational part of UX design. You must be able to advocate for and perform these activities.
* Your ability to take all that you know and fit it to a super-charged fast-as-we-can early-stage start-up is key. In addition, you’ll be interacting directly with customers and users so we expect a high level of professionalism and detail.
* Technically adept and conversant. To get to a delivered product, you need to create designs that consider technical constraints and possibilities.
* Experience leading and mentoring others. We are a highly collaborative group and do our best work with people who both champion their own ideas and bring out the best ideas in others. We expect to grow our design capabilities and you will also be expected to be able to lead as the design team grows.
* Some more technical skills. What exactly? Who knows; you tell us. There's something you do, can build, or know about that is interesting to you and that we'd like to hear about.
* Some familiarity with financial tools is desired.
* A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a design-oriented specialization is required. Additional technical degrees with emphasis or specific experience in these areas are also welcome.
Along with your resume (LinkedIn preferred), please send a brief description of yourself and why you'd like to work with us. Sharing an online viewable portfolio is required. It does not need to show all perfect work (in fact, showing some messy progress work is great for letting us know how you think), but we do need to see design examples.
Please note, EchoUser (a UX Research and Design firm) is handling the vetting and hiring for this position.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.