Role: UX Designer
About MRI Online
MRI Online is on a mission to improve medical education globally by empowering the very best
physicians to share their knowledge with the world. MRI Online offers an online, highly
interactive educational platform for continuing education credits to thousands of doctors in over 70 countries.
We are growing rapidly and our passion for technology, innovation and educational excellence
drives our success. Self-starters who love solving hard problems and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment will thrive here. Our offices are located in Cincinnati, OH and Philadelphia, PA.
About the role
The UX Designer is responsible for understanding the needs of customers in order to design
perfect solutions to enhance our product’s value proposition. The ultimate objective of the UX
Designer is to own the online user experience of our products.
The ideal candidate is energetic, curious, and passionate about creating the perfect user
experience. He or she can ramp up quickly and collaborate effectively with Product,
Development, Marketing and Content teams to align designs to business needs and solve user
pain points. He or she should be eager to constantly talk to customers to uncover their needs to
design the right solutions.
- Conduct user research and interviews to understand needs and pain points.
- Define personas that represent our target customers.
- Evaluate and improve the information hierarchy in our online product.
- Create sitemaps and wireframes to illustrate the user journey for new features.
- Create high fidelity designs and prototypes that mimic the user experience.
- Review designs with internal and external stakeholders to get feedback.
- Maintain basic understanding of our competitors.
- Establish a design system and maintain a component library.
- Be an evangelist for great user experience to the company and our customers.
- At least 3+ years of experience as a UX / Product Designer in software.
- Experience implementing design principles and processes
- Be self guided and self driven to complete work.
- Be curious, be willing to always improve, and take feedback gracefully.
- Strong conceptualization, visual communication, and presentation abilities.
- Has worked in cross-functional teams in a collaborative development environment
- Experience in analyzing user / customer data to support design decisions.
- Experience working with developers and in SDLC processes (e.g. Agile, Kanban)
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, or equivalent.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g. React).
- Willing to strategize with colleagues to define our product’s value proposition.
- Experience in Healthcare and/or Ed Tech a bonus.
- Takes feedback well and is always willing to improve