About Midwest Tape:
Midwest Tape is a library-dedicated full-service media distributor providing physical and digital media to thousands of libraries across North America. We are strong believers in continually innovating to better serve our customers and deliver the best experience possible for the staff and patrons of public libraries. Our International Headquarters is located in Holland, Ohio at the facility that we built in 2016, to house our distribution center and support teams for Midwest Tape, hoopla digital, the fastest growing app serving libraries and Dreamscape Publishing, the Library-First publisher of Audiobooks and Video. As we build our team to support the ongoing growth of our business, we are looking for enthusiastic team players dedicated to delivering best-in-class service for our library customers and their patrons.
We are seeking a talented UX designer to join our team to play a key role in the continual evolution of our digital experiences which have been specifically created for Public Libraries and their patrons. Responsible for development of user experience prototypes and specifications through collection, analysis and synthesis of data guided by the unique requirements of our audiences. We are proud to serve public libraries throughout the United States and Canada and are seeking like-minded individuals who want to join our team to help Libraries continue to provide increasing value to their patrons and communities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must fulfill the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requirements listed below.
• Handle the conceptualization and development of new product specifications and user psychology.
• Validate and when needed create personas through user research and data.
• Design usability tests, draft test scripts and perform test moderation
• Create wireframes, site maps, feature lists, specifications and other artifacts.
• Develop interactive iterative prototypes using Axure or similar design tools
• Collaborate with internal and external resources to develop engaging and effective digital experiences.
• Creates and enhances digital interfaces as to deliver best in class user experiences that are effortless and delightful for users.
• Help identify and leverage relevant performance metrics in the continual optimization of experiences, partnering with internal and external analytics resources as needed.
• Create the documentation needed to convey the recommended solution to management or other business functions through digital models and written reports.
• Lead UX projects from start to finish as needed.
• Responsible for assigned projects, coordinating tasks with Development, Customer, and Marketing teams. Maintain schedules to assure completion.
• Ability to convert user feedback and business priorities to digital environments.
• Expertise in using MS Office software and Internet research tools.
• Have a good knowledge of the principles of accessibility, usability and SEO.
• Ability to multi-task effectively under pressure, time and resource management.
• Exceptional communication (oral and written), interpersonal, collaborative, consultative and organizational skills required. Strong ability to proofread emails for clarity, grammar and spelling.
• Must be comfortable presenting technical information to management team and staff.
• Ability to work well in team and individual environments – self-motivated and flexible.
• Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
Preferred Education Requirements:
College degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience.
• 4+ years of experience designing user interfaces for the web following user - centered design principles
• Portfolio of past UX / IA projects including task flows, site maps, wireframes, etc.
• Strong experience providing critical analysis of user experience designs based on heuristics and other accepted design principles
• Strong experience with group facilitation, user interviews, heuristic evaluations, task analysis, usability test design and moderation and card sorting
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to regularly sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to occasionally bend, twist, stoop, and crouch.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to perform repetitive type tasks.
• Must be able to view computer screen for long periods of time daily.