SupplyHouse.com, a rapidly growing e-commerce plumbing and HVAC supply company, is looking for a User Experience Designer to join our team. If you love identifying usability opportunities from the root and turning raw ideas into immersive, intuitive online experiences, we would like to hear from you!
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, we are searching for someone who can currently perform this job remotely until March of 2022 when we plan to reopen our Melville, NY office. After March 2022, we expect the candidate to be in the Melville office on some regular and aligned cadence month to month.
Role Type: Full-Time
Location: Remote, New York City Metropolitan Area
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers
- Perform user research and testing
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, widgets, navigation buttons, and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
- Conduct testing of sample applications, websites, and software to evaluate user experience and ease of design
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Optimize and improve user experience through design and usability best practices
- Work with the Creative Team and visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Consider the differences between the web and app including all the different sizes of devices with the key break points
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Design Team on all design related projects with feedback and insights
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Team player that can collaborate with various stakeholders
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Figma, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
What’s important to us:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- GRIT – We are looking for someone who embodies our core values (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork, and Grit)
- Someone who is detail-oriented, a problem solver, and customer-centered
- We have awesome benefits – 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance options, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- We offer flexible work scheduling – Many roles at SupplyHouse are remote-based, and we provide some flexibility with work hours depending on the needs of your role and team.
- We give back – We provide many opportunities to help our local communities, with both structured and informal ways to get involved.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code, a pet-friendly office, and demonstrate respect to our colleagues, partners, and customers.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We have monthly team building events. And we’re constantly icebreaking each other over Zoom. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company