Tactile is a UX and product design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals—the people behind the work that continues to improve (and even save) lives. This means crafting quality products with lasting relevance and impact. Meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind.
Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft.
During the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we’re mostly working remotely. So initially, we’re looking for remote UX Designers (we’re open to contract, contract to hire, and full-time employment-interest) but as conditions improve the position will eventually work on-site in the Seattle studio. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects with the opportunity for meaningful impact while gaining new experience and continuing to learn and advance your craft.
- Well versed in a broad range of design methodologies and display excellence at scale, across all stages of the design process—making wireframes, building prototypes, crafting high-fidelity visual designs, or supporting scaled production efforts.
- Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations and client meetings, adapting style and detail level to meeting client and project needs.
- Both independent and team-oriented, with the ability to design and develop UX and UI solutions for a wide variety of products and platforms.
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, task analysis, and usability testing to get at the heart of problems.
- 4+ years of experience working in product, software, and/or service design, with an emphasis on design systems.
- Proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools, including Sketch, Figma, and Zeplin.
- Impeccable attention to detail, with the ability to work creatively around difficult business, technical and resource constraints.
- The ability to manage large projects with repetitive design tasks with a high degree of focus, attention, and passion.
- Experience working on/for a diverse range of projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics and software. Note: The primary project involves a medical client, so med-tech design experience is a priority.
An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working, and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note (including your preferred employment-interest—contract, contract to hire, or full-time), your credentials, and a link to your work at email@example.com.