Ammunition is an international design studio providing services in product design, brand strategy and identity, UX design, graphic design, and packaging. While Ammunition’s strengths are diverse across design disciplines, our real expertise is to redefine markets by using design to create new business territory, and to communicate and connect with customers. Whether it is a product, an interface, a package or an identity, our approach is to create new, exciting experiences for customers that communicate the unique proposition and the brand of our clients, and to differentiate in meaningful ways.
This is a 6-month position, which may be extended, based on Ammunition’s staffing needs at the end of the engagement.
The UX intern will support the UX design department in all UX tasks, from planning research to creating UX deliverables, as a path to competence in all aspects of UX and service design.
UX at Ammunition is focused on defining and designing the customer experience for the physical and digital products we create. The UX team works with our clients, to understand the business goals and technology, and with our strategists, to develop a vision for the product in the marketplace. In this team, the UX designer represents the goals of the user, drawing on an array of research techniques to develop a point of view about user needs, and on storytelling techniques to develop and communicate a compelling vision for the desired experience. They collaborate with industrial designers, package designers, UI designers, and developers to bring the experiences to life in digital and physical products.
• Support the UX team in any tasks assigned, including but not limited to creation of UX deliverables such as personas, scenarios, UX architectures, feature definition, and app screens.
• Deliver work that meets project needs, according to direction and on the specified schedule.
• Practical experience in basic UX design, including familiarity with UX processes and issues, as demonstrated by a portfolio of sample work.
• Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing, and to create clear and attractive presentations of ideas.
• Facility with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and ideally, with Sketch and InVision.
Please send your résumé and portfolio in an email entitled “UX Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants who meet our stated requirements will be considered for this job. If you are a possible match for the position, we will contact you to learn more about your background and answer questions about our hiring process. Principals only. No recruiters, please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.