Q2 is seeking a UX Researcher Intern to work in our Product Management and Design team. You’ll will work closely with our current Product Research team in the management of short duration projects for our product teams and financial institutions, and duties will include all phases of research: gathering research questions from stakeholders, planning testing and analysis, and finally reporting on study findings.
The Q2 Summer Internship Program is 12 weeks long and all positions are paid hourly with an average work week of 40 hours. In addition to your daily work, you will be given the opportunity for weekly classroom trainings with senior Leadership, off-site activities with other Q2 interns, and the opportunity to present a project to the Executive Leadership team at the end of the program.
* Contribute to initiatives for improving existing research processes
* Plan, write, and implement surveys, usability test scripts, interview questions, card sorts, tree tests, and other research techniques and deliverables
* Occasionally contribute to UX documentation including conceptual models, user flow diagrams, wireframes, page schematics, mockups and prototypes as well as patterns for these deliverables
* Engage potential test participants, internally and externally, and coordinate all scheduling efforts with participants and internal teams
* Work inside a well-equipped usability lab with multiple PTZ cameras, microphones, and mobile usability testing equipment
A Q2 UX research experience will look like...
* Having a highly structured 60-day onboarding and training plan
* Performing the same kinds of work that our researchers do every day
* Attending weekly 1:1s with a UX Research Manager and stand-ups with the Research team
* Attending weekly or bi-weekly progress meetings
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
* MUST be pursuing a degree or certificate in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Human Systems Engineering, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Informatics, or similar fields
* Ability to present to internal and external audiences on topics related to user research, concepts in applied science, and user experience
* A mind for ethical research behavior ranging from treatment of participants during testing to handling sensitive employee data and compensating participants
* Experience with statistical software (R, Stata, SPSS, Matlab, etc.) and qualitative data analysis software (MaxQDA, Atlas.ti, NVivo, etc.) a plus, but not required
* Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Ability to operate independently and proactively with minimal up-front instruction and to take ownership of work; driven, diligent, and self-motivated
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x