Matroid | User Experience Designer | Palo Alto, CA
At Matroid, we're building an intuitive platform that allows users to train and deploy custom computer vision models without writing a line of code. We’re looking for a talented user experience designer to improve our current product’s user experience and guide the UX for our new features and functionality.
Computer vision has limitless possibilities. AI and computer vision are at the cutting edges of technology, and your designs will directly help our customers realize the potential of computer vision in their organizations.
Once we reopen, this position will be onsite at our Palo Alto office, near the Stanford campus and Caltrain.
-------------- What you’ll be doing --------------
- Work alongside our product engineering team, designing the end-to-end flows and interactions for mission-critical features.
- Create feature prototypes to identify usability and value risks early in the feature development cycle.
- Turn conceptual ideas into concrete, useful feature designs.
- As our first full-time designer, you will make critical decisions about our product’s overall design and UX. You will document these decisions in style guides for our user interface and marketing collateral.
- Garner feedback from users and stakeholders and use that feedback to make informed product decisions.
- Work with external graphic designers, illustrators, animators, etc., on specific resources as needed.
- Operate in a collaborative but highly autonomous startup environment that isn’t bogged down by unnecessary meetings or project management.
-------------- What you’ll bring to the table --------------
- 3+ years of experience delivering intuitive designs for software products.
- A strong, up-to-date portfolio that gives us insight into your work and the projects you've led to completion.
- Proficiency with the right tools for the job at hand, whether you are creating early-stage wireframe prototypes or final high fidelity designs.
- Visual design skills: you are adept in desktop / mobile UI, color, layout, and aesthetic sense.
- You’re adept at gathering and quantifying user feedback to inform and guide product direction.
- The ability to learn about complex systems, computer vision, and understand our users’ highly technical use cases.
- You can think strategically about a product, and you can identify patterns and potential opportunities in user feedback.
-------------- It's a bonus if --------------
- You have worked on a product that leverages cutting edge research and technology or on another emerging B2B application.
- You have an interest in machine learning and machine learning-based products.
-------------- What we offer in return --------------
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Mentorship from our senior design advisor.
- The chance to continually work on stimulating intellectual challenges -- bringing cutting edge research to semi-technical users presents interesting product challenges.
- Gym membership reimbursement.
- Matroid provides free lunch, snacks, and caffeine every day.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% paid premiums.
- A flexible schedule that leaves time for all of your other interests.
- A budget for whatever hardware, tools, and training will make you most effective.
- Resources to learn about cutting edge software design and computer vision.