Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company, comprised of more than 25 brands. We are leaders in global footwear, apparel and accessories, available in more than 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals. In order to prioritize career growth within our company, Vans offers courses on topics such as leadership, communication, collaboration and technical skills to ensure our employees are self-motivated and fulfilled with our rapidly growing business.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Jr Production Artist: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Here at Vans, we value the voice of youth culture that is powered by creative expression through outlets such as action sports, music, street culture and ar. In order for us to accomplish our goal of reaching those consumers, we seek employees who are motivated to push the limits of creativity within these pillars. In your role as a Jr Production Artist, you are creating quality and marketable materials that our customers will identify with. You work is the forefront of our consumer experience and is the first touch point to deliver an impactful message. Our marketing is geared towards celebrating youth culture, which is why as our Jr Production Artist, it is crucial to honor the integrity of our company and be willing to express yourself. In turn, Vans will be the exact environment you need to be in order to achieve career growth and have a fun and supportive creative outlet. If you choose to join our leading global footwear, apparel and accessory brand, you must share our vision in influencing youth culture and empowering artistic expression.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. You will empower the Creative team with innovative and authentic design and production support for projects such as:
- In-store Vans retail artwork for North America including Mexico, Canada and the United States. - In-store wholesale artwork and POP for North American wholesale partners
- Collaboration package design for Global products
- Interior and exterior artwork and creative package design for North American PR events
- Global and North American product catalogs,
- Global toolkits
- Interior and exterior artwork for North American brand activations and events,
product launches, action sports competitions, tradeshows, Global alignment meetings, etc.
- Traditional print ads, OOH and marketing and branding materials for North America
2. You will support the Art Directors in the design and creation of original artwork such as logos, layouts, tech drawings, event apparel, set design, studio photography direction and retouching.
3. Due to your original designs, you will enable Vans to launch a strong output of original, creative content.
4. You will collaborate with the Environmental Design team for creative solutions that result in event experiences that exceeds our consumers expectations and pushes industry standards and norms.
5. You will develop strong partnerships with Project Managers regarding timelines and workload, so you are set up for success to deliver meaningful work to hit the market at the right time.
6. You are an expert with industry trends and software techniques as you will give guidance as how to target the Vans audience and reach them in a meaningful way.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a minimum of 2 years of design/production experience.
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Design background with production expertise
• Print experience necessary
• Knowledgeable in 4 color printing and prepress process
• Retouching knowledge preferred
• Traditional art skills such as drawing, painting and mixed media preferred
• Participant in action sports/music/art/street culture preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload while meeting deadlines
• Detailed oriented
• Proactive attitude in creating creative solutions
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Minimum travel required (approximately 5%)
• Ability to be flexible in additional hours when needed
Please Click the link below!: