Hello, my name is Jeff Radich, co-founder of Metabolic Living, and I need your help.
If you’re a gifted storytelling video ad creative director with a deep background in paid media who can do everything from script-to-screen, has managed a large team (ideally in an agency) and flourishes working from home, let’s talk. Despite the environment, we’re thriving, and want you to join us ASAP.
Over the last 10 years we’ve built a multiple 8-figure direct-to-consumer metabolic optimization company with 100+ team members. We spend $2 million a month on video ads on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. And now we’re testing broadcast and connected TV. I’ve built the video creative team from scratch, but now need a razor-sharp video creative director to take us to the next level.
Our goal is to build a $1 billion dollar consumer brand by 2023 and video will play a huge part of that. And not just for paid ads… also for social media, which we’re launching heavily into in 3 months. We’re currently re-branding to Metabolic Living (more on that below), so there’s a branding component too. However, to be clear, we’re looking for a hard core direct-to-consumer pro who can sprint with us.
If you LOVE every aspect of video ad creative from script-to-screen and crave the opportunity to make an impact working with a team that’s leaning into a meaningful mission, and…
• You LOVE to research meticulously to figure out what makes consumers tick…
• You LOVE writing scripts yourself, building storyboards and turning them into glorious ads…
• You LOVE every single part of pre-, production and post and all of the nerdy details…
• You LOVE both direct-to-consumer direct response AND branding work…
• You LOVE leading teams, inspiring them to deliver and holding them accountable…
• You LOVE the psychology of advertising and have a continuous appetite to learn more…
• You LOVE unlocking new marketing channels/styles to stay ahead of the curve…
Then please read on as you’re the ideal candidate… and we’d love to talk to you ASAP.
To summarize the key points:
• Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 (plus bonus)
• Location: 100% Remote (virtual team of 100+ with no corporate office)
• Benefits: Full Insurance (health, dental & long-term disability) + Robust 401k
• Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 (preferably Eastern time but flexible for right candidate)
• Travel: Occasionally for Strategic Meetings or Team Get-togethers
• Culture: High-Performance but Humble (no jerks) that Creates Space for Deep Work
• Personality: Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Are We and What’s the Company’s Background?
Metabolic Living’s mission is to empower people to thrive EVERY day so they can enjoy life to the fullest. And our vision is to do this by making our metabolism-first lifestyle become the worldwide standard for healthy living. It’s a flexible lifestyle 100% focused on delivering the results that matter: feeling your best, looking your best and performing your best.
Our goal is to grow into a billion-dollar multi-channel brand that’s distributed via online, mobile and physical retail. For 10 years, we’ve been painstakingly building the products, services, framework, team and culture to make this happen. We have a robust, mature, complete and profitable business model with scalable customer acquisition. And now we’re pushing into a massive new growth phase.
Our next major step is rolling out our new Metabolic Living brand and centralized e-commerce website at www.metabolicliving.com, scheduled to be live in first half of 2020. We will consolidate into this centralized website our various product-branded microsites.
So why is a metabolism-first lifestyle needed? Because there are record amounts of sick, overweight, tired and depressed people piling up around the world. We’re over-worked, over-stressed, over-fed and full of toxins. And we’re deprived of the sleep, nutrition, movement and relaxation we need to thrive.
Unfortunately, the typical solution of extreme dieting and exercise traps people into a 1-step-forward, 2-steps back vicious cycle that makes them worse off. They bounce from one latest flavor-of-the-month program to the next, never making progress… trapped in a downward spiral of increasing desperation.
And philosophies like Paleo or Vegan, while extremely healthy for some, create a rigid us-vs-them tribal mentality that’s self-limiting. Neither of those philosophies work for all people all the time… or even the same person all the time. People differ. Bodies change. If that’s not respected, things will backfire.
The answer? Instead of trying to FIND the perfect program, you need to CREATE their own – one that respects how YOUR body works. And that’s where our metabolism-first framework comes in.
It empowers you with a repeatable, customizable method to optimize your metabolism. Because we’ve found through working with millions of people that a fully optimized metabolism is what delivers the results everyone wants – feeling their best, looking their best and performing their best, EVERY day.
So, instead of fighting against your body and getting inconsistent results with a one-size fits all program or protocol, we teach you to work with your body to enjoy consistent results by building your OWN perfect customized program.
What Are the Major Objectives the Video Advertising Creative Director will Deliver?
• Create Winning Ads – Whether it’s Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest or other channels, your #1 objective is to develop ad concepts that win, as measured by our KPIs, including ROAS
• Build High Volume Machine – Since the key to winning in today’s digital paid media world is a high volume of quality ads, you’ll do what’s it takes to ensure we hit the required volume
• Post-Mortem Analysis – You’ll analyze the data from all video ads we test and write up detailed analysis that breaks down the “what and why” so you and your team can learn and improve
• Manage Team to Hit KPIs – You’ll coach each member of the creative team to create aggressive, yet achievable quarterly KPIs that create a competitive, yet collaborative culture that’s fun
• Build Systems and SOPs – You’ll bring cultural & creative uniformity through the development of SOPs, workflows and other systems so your team operates efficiently and effectively
What On-going Responsibilities will the Video Advertising Creative Director Have?
• Strategy – You’ll work with our product and marketing team to establish the overall vision and strategy for the ads, relying on both research and intuition to pinpoint concepts that “click”
• Analysis – You’ll dive DEEP into our paid ads data to see what works and what doesn’t, identifying the patterns of success to capitalize one, and the mistakes to avoid
• Scripting – You’ll write the scripts for the ads while keeping in mind the overall visual vision for the ad so the copy, graphics, video and all other elements just “work” together
• Editing – You’ll do the agonizingly detailed editing that’s necessary to pull all the production elements together to create a final piece that “sing” and delivers the desired results
• Logistics – You’ll handle all logistics for any video or photo shoots or other elements of the production process, delegating various tasks to our team as necessary
• Project Management – You’ll be the single point of accountability for delivering all ads, managing each ad like a project with all details thought out and coordinated with your team
• Recruiting – You will recruit new team members as necessary to fill talent gaps, relying on your robust network of people whom you trust to get things done the RIGHT way
What Key Skills and Experience Does the Ideal Video Advertising Creative Director Need?
• 5+ Years’ Experience – As a team lead ideally within a creative agency in an intense environment with clients who expect details to be taken care of and results delivered
• Gifted Storyteller – You know how to architect emotional stories and develop characters that deeply connect with consumers in a way that motivates and inspires them to take action
• Strategic Marketer – You have a passion for consumer psychology and have developed a strong gut sense and intuition about what works due to years of in-the-trenches
• Multi-Talented – You can easily float from strategy to execution, from script writing to graphics, from photo to video, from brainstorming to analysis, from creative to analytical
• Results-Focus – Passionate about the net effect of the ads… not how pretty they are, not how hard you worked, not how excited you are about it… but whether they delivered or not
• Large Network – So you can quickly find people for various targeted needs with 3d animation, motion graphics, sound design, lighting or other specialized skills
• Data-Driven – Extremely comfortable flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passionate for pouring through reams of response data to detect patterns of success to replicate
• Systems-Oriented – You’ve got strong organizational skills and love to create order out of chaos with highly organized systems that deliver sustained success, regardless of who is in charge
What You'll Enjoy from Us:
• A Curated Team - A very supportive team of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable and help each other out wherever possible.
• A Nurturing Culture - A culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow and challenge yourself to be the best you possibly can be.
• A Fantastic Lifestyle – A 100% remote experience that allows you to work from home, enjoy your family, outside interests and passions
If this sounds like a good fit, if you’re excited to do something challenging and meaningful that preserves your ability to enjoy life to the fullest, then please apply ASAP as we can’t wait to meet you!