As a Visual Brand Manager for John Deere located in Moline, IL, you will be responsible for vision-setting for the brand. You will collaborate with enterprise stakeholders to define and evolve design and identity strategy for Deere & Co and its house of brands. As an enterprise position, the impact of your work is rippled across the organization, touching nearly anything with a trademark on it (i.e. brand advertising, marketing communications, shows and events, product styling, licensed products, etc.). The strategy sets the vision and the guidelines provide the guardrails, but we’re not looking for a Brand Cop. We’re in search of a well-experienced brand virtuoso to elevate all things John Deere. Someone to see the things others overlook. To challenge us with larger-than-life ideas. And to build bridges to enable better collaboration throughout the enterprise.
In addition, you will:
• Serve as the creative go-to voice for the Global Brand & Communications team
• Be an ally and creative partner for our division-level and global counterparts
• Monitor branding, advertising, communications and creative industry trends and competitive communications to look for opportunities to evolve and differentiate. To zig where others zag
• Maintain trademark, design and brand guidelines and train enterprise stakeholders and creative suppliers as needed
• Review and handle trademark requests and usage proposals
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
• Brand management experience in the areas of corporate identity, guideline creation and execution or training
• Experience providing art/creative direction, such as design, graphic design, art direction or creative direction
• 8 or more years of industry design and communications programs experience utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
• Effective communication skills
• Effective, impactful, and inspirational presentation skills, including comfort presenting to groups
• Collaboration and training experience
• Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
• Experience with Brand and/or research tools and methodologies
• Previous experience with a global Fortune 100 brand, preferably in a manufacturing, automotive or similar industry
• Experience working in digital creative platforms (i.e. web, mobile, social media)
• B2B and B2C marketing experience
• Channel management experience
• Writing experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Brand Management, Visual Communications, Marketing and Communications, etc.
Apply directly using the URL link or go to the John Deere website and apply through our Careers site
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x