Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
Arup is an engineering, planning, and advisory firm with a sense of purpose. Our commitment to sustainable development and equitable outcomes allows our members to make meaningful contributions to our world. At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. Arup is rising to today’s challenges by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world. We are currently seeking an Illustrator/Visual Communications Professional to help us develop and communicate our work.
Arup’s Los Angeles office is looking for an Illustrator/Visual Communications professional to provide comprehensive design support. The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, motivated, and have a desire to help us tell compelling visual stories. Strong planning and organization skills are also required for our collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Our ideal candidate will be able to communicate creative solutions, with varying levels of input and guidance from our technical teams. They will understand the intersection between technical concepts and graphic representation. While this candidate need not have one particular style or method for this visual vocabulary, they will be excellent storytellers - able to help explain complex ideas or data in a graphic format that is intuitive for people to understand. They will have a demonstrated proficiency creating a variety of outputs that may include infographics, illustrations, or videos, animations and photography. We want you to bring your communication ideas and experience and your enthusiasm to work fluidly with multi-disciplinary teams and our clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Development, design and production of graphics for multi-disciplinary project deliverables, that may include diagrams, presentations, reports, interactive PDFs, and other miscellaneous materials
• Work with our marketing team when required to produce specific marketing materials relating to project pursuits
• Develop and maintain our graphic inventory
• Collaborate with and guide our teams in the art of storytelling and the development of good graphic materials for multi-disciplinary project deliverables
• Internally promote the skill and service and help to embed it in project teams
• Advise on software and tools that may be required
The Qualified Professional will have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field
• Strong graphic, communication, and organizational skills
• High-level PC/Mac experience with all common layout and design programs (Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, etc.), PowerPoint, and comfortable with Microsoft Word. Experience with Rhino, CAD, Revit and BIM software a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based culture
• Knowledge of web/interactive graphics production and basic animation software a plus.
• Four years of relevant experience with preference for work with an AEC, or similar, firm.
Benefits that Work - At Arup, we have a comprehensive and valuable benefits program that works for our employees and their families while keeping costs low. These benefits provide health and welfare security for you as well as paid time off for rest and renewal. Our Global Profit Share Plan (paid bi-annually) provides an opportunity for you to share in the success of the Firm. As a valued employee of Arup, you can also choose to participate in our 401(k) plan with up to 10% company match to help you save for your future.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement - Arup requires all new employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Arup is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to Arup.
Flexible Working - We believe that flexible arrangements create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people. Options for alternative schedules and the ability to work outside of the office for a portion of your workweek are available.
Arup is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or other status protected by law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.