The Center for Security and Emerging Technology (https://cset.georgetown.edu/) is currently seeking applications for a Visual Communications Specialist to support the work of the https://cset.georgetown.edu/team/?fwp_department=external-affairs by raising the profile of CSET's researchers and publications through various outreach activities.
Reporting to CSET's Director of External Affairs, the Visual Communications Specialist is responsible for assisting with CSET's externally facing activities and communications with a focus on graphics, multimedia, and publications. The ideal Visual Communications Specialist is a creative individual who enjoys using a variety of means (e.g., graphics, visualizations, images) to communicate complex ideas in simple, impactful ways; is well organized and therefore able to juggle tasks as needed; has some familiarity with policy, national security, or technical concepts; and thrives in a dynamic work environment that encourages initiative.
• Designing graphics (.ai, .png, .jpg, .svg) for use on social media, on CSET's website, in email campaigns, and in research publications
• Ensuring visual consistency through quality control of publications and other deliverables for external stakeholders, including Congress, the Executive Branch, academic institutions, non-profits and the media
• Crafting social media posts and other content to drive interest and engagement with newly-issued CSET research publications
• Recording and editing interview videos to highlight the Center's researchers and research
• Assisting with events, including a monthly webinar series, periodic in-person seminars, and conferences
• Facilitating periodic website updates, including minor text revisions, sub-page creation, and website hygiene
• Implementing and supporting ongoing development of a proactive communications strategy to engage policymaker communities.
• Bachelor's degree in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, public policy or other relevant field
• 3 to 5 years of experience in communications and/or project management support using graphic design
• Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite – including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, along with other graphic design tools such Figma, and office productivity tools including Google Docs and Microsoft Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Comfort with Microsoft Office products and their Google equivalents, specifically Word/Docs and PowerPoint/Slides
• Familiarity with Content Management Systems (such as WordPress) and Marketing Automation solutions (such as MailChimp)
• Experience in short-form video production
PLEASE NOTE: We only consider complete applications, which include:
• Cover Letter: Please address your interest in CSET and this position, specifically.
• Work Samples: Please provide at least three examples of social media or graphic design projects.
This position is based in the United States and offers no relocation assistance. This position is not eligible for a specialty-occupation sponsorship and, accordingly, this position requires that all applicants be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship from Georgetown University. The current work mode for this position is hybrid.