WHO WE ARE
Mijksenaar is a leading internationally operating Wayfinding design firm based in New York City and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We have over 36 years of experience working on complex wayfinding systems around the world, with a strong focus on transportation facilities such as airports and train stations, as well as cities, museums and hospitals. Our work can be seen not only at large transportation hubs around the world, but also cultural institutions and museums. Through our work, we connect people and places in a meaningful way. We help passengers to find their way in major international airports, we guide tourists and residents through the most beautiful streets of a city and we let children determine their way at the zoo.
We see every visit, ride and trip as a journey—all of which we strive to make easier, more efficient
Mijksenaar USA is growing and we are currently looking for new candidates with graphic design and/or 3D design capabilities, strong technical abilities and creative thinking skills.
As a Designer at Mijksenaar USA, you’ll be immersed in the design process from beginning to end. Day to day, you’ll frequently be involved in research and analysis (collecting design precedents, conducting field research, writing analysis reports); and design (mocking up sign layouts and pictograms, determining sign programming and placement). We’re looking for someone who’s eager to learn, takes initiative and brings a unique perspective and skillset to our fast-growing team.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Undergraduate degree in communication or graphic design, industrial design, experience design, architecture, digital media, urban design or comparable field
• Three+ years of experience in wayfinding, architecture, information design, or a related field is required
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite required
• Knowledge of 3D design programs (SketchUp, Solidworks, Rhino, Revit, BIM, ACAD) a plus
• Creative, analytical and curious mindset
• Ability to collaborate with an international team in different time zones
• Excellent communication skills, on-line, in writing and in person
• Positive, friendly and eager to take on any challenge, large or small
• Proactive approach, ability to meet deadlines and strive for the best result
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
We offer salary commensurate with experience; medical, dental and vision plans; vacation, sick days and federal holidays; 401(k) with employer match; plus additional benefits in the works. The position is only available to candidates authorized to work in the United States.
Send a cover letter with your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com, attn: Cesar Sanchez
Salary range $65,000 - 85,000, commensurate with experience.