WHO WE ARE
Mijksenaar is a leading internationally operating Wayfinding design firm based in New York City and Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We have over 36 years of experience working on complex wayfinding systems around the world, with a strong focus on transportation facilities such as airports and train halls. Our work, however, extends beyond large transit hubs, and can be found in cities, hospitals, museums, and other cultural institutions. At Mijksenaar, we strive to connect people with spaces and places in a meaningful way. We help passengers navigate through major international airports, we guide tourists and residents through the most beautiful streets of cities, and we give children the tools to discover their way around zoos.
We see every visit, ride, and trip as a journey—all of which we strive to make easier, intuitive, and more efficient for the user.
Mijksenaar USA is currently looking for a mid to senior level Wayfinding Designer with three+ years of experience in wayfinding, signage, or environmental graphics to join our growing team. In the Wayfinding Designer role the candidate will:
• Conduct research and analysis, and collect findings into organized documentation that is presentable and actionable
• Conceptualize unique and creative solutions that solve complex informational, visual, and navigational problems
• Create innovative wayfinding strategies that speak to the needs of the user to guide the design and development of a project
• Develop functional and aesthetically beautiful 2D and 3D design for typographic layouts, environmental graphics, and sign structures
• Create scaled and dimensioned technical design drawings for fabrication, bid packages, and construction packages
• Prepare sign programming using sign location plans, messaging, and sign schedules
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Undergraduate degree in graphic/communication design, industrial design, architecture, or comparable field
• Three+ years of experience in wayfinding, signage, or environmental graphics
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator with CADTools, MS Office Suite
• Knowledge of 3D design programs (SketchUp, Revit, SolidWorks, Rhino, BIM, ACAD) is a plus
• Understanding of typography, color, and design for legibility
• Ability to navigate and interpret architectural drawings
• Excellent communication skills, on-line, in writing, and in person
• Experience communicating directly with clients and project teams
• Strong creative and technical design abilities
• Proactive approach, ability to meet deadlines and strive for the best result
• Positive, friendly, and eager to take on any challenge, large or small, and highly organized
• Creative, analytical, and curious mindset
• Ability to collaborate with an international team and clients in different time zones
DETAILS OF EMPLOYMENT
We offer salary commensurate with experience; medical, dental and vision plans; vacation, sick days and federal holidays; 401(k) with employer match; plus additional benefits in the works. The position is full time in NYC and only available to candidates authorized to work in the United States.
Send a cover letter with your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com, attn: Cesar Sanchez
Salary range $65,000 - 85,000, commensurate with experience.