Boeing - Hampton Scott Group
El Segundo, CA
Sep 2013 - Present (8 years 4 months)
- Contributed to the design of Boeing's ViaSat 2.0 Satellite as part of the structures and integration team.
- Managed a bill of materials for a large integrated assembly over the course of the design.
- Communicated design intent and function through powerpoint charts and layouts.
- Prepared parts and assemblies for manufacturing by creating highly-toleranced drawings.
- Wrote Creo Parametric 2.0 training manual that improved the learning curve of new employees.
Baxter International Inc.
May 2013 - Sep 2013 (4 months)
- Responsible for reviewing pertinent documents, records and reports such as Manufacturing Formulation Records (MFRs), Manufacturing batch Records (MBRs), etc. against Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for accuracy and compliance to procedures based on regulatory requirements and internal guidelines, etc.
- Identify areas of non-conformance and inform management via the drafting of Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) as needed to be disposed (unilaterally accepted or rejected) by others.
- Performs initial investigative actions on NCRs, applying well-established techniques and procedures.
- Administer and maintain relevant databases, preparing and issuing reports as defined by the area.
- Assist in external and internal audits by maintaining audit records, extracting data from databases and creating reports, collecting relevant data, etc.
- Revise or review standard procedures. Revise SOPs in support of Division Procedure Compliance or continuous improvement efforts as needed.
- Maintain and update departmental business indicators. Prepare metrics for the Management Review of Quality Systems.
- Audit/review documents as needed for completeness, cGMP’s, company procedures and verification of data. Correct any deficiencies found.
May 2012 - Sep 2012 (4 months)
- Fabricated and characterized a novel, biodegradable magnesium-nanodiamond composite material for medical implant applications.
- Improved corrosion resistance of magnesium by over 50% through the addition of functionalized nano-diamond particles.
- Designed custom tooling for the sintering and powder-compacting processes.
- Required to perform all manufacturing, machining, and product testing duties.
- Presented research at 2 symposiums and NCUR in Arlington, Virginia.