North American Manager of Creative Development & Design
May 2019 - Present (2 years 1 month)
To develop ideas & innovations for the rigid container industry & label decoration technology through exceptional design.
Lead North American Design Studio through processes to collaborate and guide Brand Owners through conceptual development to empower their products for First & Second Moment of Truth.
Studio Tools & Skills:
- Brainstorming & benchmarking
- Utilize market research & focus group studies
- Digital sketching
- CAD development
- High-quality renderings
- Integrate Engineering/Manufacturing collaboration
- Virtual Reality Simulation
Manager of Creative Development & Design
Dec 2014 - May 2019 (4 years 5 months)
Managing a team of creative industrial designers to innovate the rigid packaging industry. Daily work of designing and collaborating between engineers, in-house designers, sales and marketing to ensure new packaging trends and forward thinking innovations are put in place for our brand-leading customers.
- Developed internal branding, Creative Packaging Studio, to give in-house designers an identity and to show separation from engineering for customer creativity and forward thinking innovation.
- Managed Plastipak's first collegiate design competition, reaching out to industrial design and packaging rooted schools.
Creative Industrial Designer
Apr 2010 - Dec 2014 (4 years 8 months)
Developed packaging ready for today and thinking forward to future innovations. Understanding and foreseeing future trends. Increasing brand (private and public) strength, promoting its upcoming value to customers through visual cues and design. Aesthetics are geared around the consumer’s subconscious interactions and encounters, to provide a great personal experience.
Winner at a key beverage customer's design competition (2014)
- Awarded for best design in a competition among multiple competitors.
Winner at a key beverage customer’s innovation show (2013, 2012)
- A single day event of customer’s employees voting for the best concepts.
- Voted best on concepts to be selected to move forward into a one-year production plan.
Winner at a key food customer’s innovation show (2011)
- A single day event at customer’s R&D center.
- Customer’s employees walked around and viewed concepts presented by many suppliers, then individually voted for the best concepts.
-Voted best in two categories.