Sr. Production Artist
Jun 2015 - Present (6 years 3 months)
2010 - May 2015 (4 years 8 months)
• Designed, built, maintained, and released files for pre-press, including print marketing (invitations, advertisements, lightboxes/posters, lookbooks, large-scale billboards, T-shirts) and digital (animated and static emails, LED displays/digital billboards, PowerPoint presentations), maintaining brand standards utilizing InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint and Word.
• Worked closely with vendors to ensure quality and standards remained high, including going on press when necessary.
• Closely reviewed file specifications prior to releasing assets to ensure adherence of quality control standards.
• Retouched images (color matching, cleanup) using Photoshop.
• Prepared design comps and mockups of booklets, invitations, brochures, and posters.
Production Manager/Associate Production Manager
2003 - 2009 (6 years)
• Managed all production editorial work from manuscript through bound book, including: copyediting and proofreading covers and manuscripts, placing manuscripts with freelance copyeditors and proofreaders and checking their work, and checking all stages of proofs and blues.
• Supervised two full-time assistants as well as all freelancers and interns, ensuring that their duties were completed in a timely and satisfactory manner.
• Facilitated all aspects of the publication of over 100 art, architecture, and graphic design titles per year, from concept to publication, including preparing contracts, proofreading/copyediting manuscripts, editing and writing jacket/promotional copy, preparing sales material, maintaining production schedule, gathering orders, and keeping track of shipments.
• Aided in the launch of a new imprint, designing and implementing book and jacket standards, as well as developing style & brand standards and a style sheet to assist editors, copyeditors, and proofreaders.
• Set print run quantities and negotiated pricing with vendors on a weekly basis.
• Prepared yearly budget, quarterly forecasts, and monthly projections for finance department.
• Presented titles at sales conferences for sales team, providing statistics and answering queries.
• Created and maintained proprietary Access database to track orders, shipping, and title information.
• Wrote and designed two monthly email newsletters to promote new titles to customers and consumers.