Snr. Creative Director / UX-UI Design Lead
New York, NY
Nov 2013 - Nov 2016 (3 years)
Broadcast Operations, Digital Owned Television Stations : Creative Director / UX / UI Lead
• Developed, designed and coordinated user behavior for desktop and mobileweb, IOS / Andoid Apps for NBCOTS and Telemundo Stations Local News, ensuring completion of q / a user testing of products prior to launching live. Supported CoziTV and TeleXitos desktop and mobile sites, applying UX UI design and front-end development directing team; tuned interactive design products for Winter Olympics Sochi and Summer Games in Rio 2016.
• Assisted news editors, marketers and engineers, creating and implementing interface with attractive visual news storytelling.
• Managed UX / UI design team through products sites and apps redesign; worked with creative marketing teams across company, supporting broadcast blend into digital creative initiatives.
Editorial / Sr. Information Designer editor
New York, NY
Jul 2009 - Oct 2013 (4 years 3 months)
Reuters.com : Senior Information Designer Editor
• Managed, developed and designed global redesign sites, news module widgets and all user standards functionality for Reuters Digital News family sites, following Reuters General Style Guide of Journalism, resulting in matching brand identity throughout global websites.
• Worked with stakeholders, creating and implementing a new interface on its proprietary CMS, serving consumer-facing news and information websites with support outsource design agency, resulting in outstanding global sites for Americas, United Kingdom, Japan and India.
• Led / directed and developed real-time data (feed from NOAA) Hurricane Tracker in 2009, ensuring Reuters Storm Tracker, a tremendous news asset, still in use.
• Created infographics and interactive news storytelling for Reuters.com; worked with editorial teams in United States, United Kingdom, and India, covering news design projects such as UK Elections 2012, Davos Conference, London and Vancouver Olympics Games, World Cup in Brazil and various major news and weather events, resulting in a major news and financial presence in the US, promoting Thomson Reuters news and financial wire services.
New York, NY
2006 - Jul 2009 (3 years)
Disney, abcnews.com: Creative Director
• Managed group of designers, video and photo editors for newsroom, adding visual content for broadcast news, showing sections on web and mobile, in conjunction with ABC News Now cable news network, resulting in substantial metrics increase in page views on national website.
• Strategized graphics for internal presentations for and with broadcast TV news graphics department through diagrams, metrics, navigation studies for various projects within Disney / ABC Digital Media Group; created and art directed web and print visuals, promos and external advertisements from vendors with content for posting on live website, resulting in a more informative internal presentation displays for vendors, visitors and staff.
• Applied UI and IA functionality and graphic design for newly redesigned ABCNews website launched in May 2007; wireframed and mocked interactive prototypes for current projects such as The Oscars and coverage of the Elections results in 2008, in addition to internal projects in development, a dynamic news video player, widgets and functionality for dynamic community networks.
New York, NY
2000 - 2005 (5 years)
• 0versee team of designers creating interactive news content for its Multimedia division; Product and Web development information architecture for AP Digital's member web sites. • Helped to develop AP CustomNews, a private-label news service for Web affiliates. Over 400
newspaper, broadcast and commercial sites now subscribe, generating nearly $3 million in annual revenue. Flash-based news features applications used by sites including CNN, CBS SportsLine and ESPN and estimated $8 million business growth. Developed new visual approaches that prompted Yahoo! News to make AP their primary news provider, replacing Reuters.
• Worked with producers and editors on a premium online service for the 2004 Olympics,
working with both external and internal technology groups. Interface design for 52 data-driven maps for Elections ‘04 results that were used by over 150 customers including C-SPAN, CBC,
Knight-Ridder and Gannett. Art directed interactive projects on the Death of the Pope, NASCAR, Baseball and the Oscars.