Senior User Experience Designer
Jun 2015 - Present (6 years 7 months)
- Designing products for Sabre Hospitality Solutions: Property Manager and SynXis Central Reservations.
- Led redesign for GetThere, Sabre's corporate booking tool.
- Collaborate with product and technical teams, customers, and peers to design, plan, and execute enterprise software products.
User Experience Designer
May 2013 - Jun 2015 (2 years 1 month)
- Collaborated with product and technical teams, customers, and peers to design, plan, and execute travel software products.
- Co-designed and launched Sabre Dev Studio, the company's first product aimed at external developers.
- Redesigned Sabre Cruises, software used by travel agents.
- Helped create, implement, and evangelize the design team's branded standard for a consistent look-and-feel across a portfolio's products.
Contributing Writer (contractor)
Jan 2013 - May 2013 (4 months)
- Wrote posts for faculty social networking blog covering technology tools, industry trends, and research about online teaching and learning.
- Coordinated Spanish translation for materials used with international partners and assist with integrating LATAM clients.
Dec 2011 - Nov 2012 (11 months)
- Worked with clients to understand their business models and goals and help define strategy, content, and features to enhance their document management systems.
- Provided training for users to understand technology solutions and processes.
- Collaborated with IT to ensure clients received the proper technical solutions, which included developing optimized database architectures and managing data integrity.
- Supported the documentation management process and governing authorities, and audited management policies, practices, and standards to observe internal conformance.
Technical Communications Intern
Nov 2010 - Aug 2011 (9 months)
- Designed user-friendly templates for employees and contractors to create branded training content.
- Developed and built the training institute’s intranet, housing the team’s global content, forms, document libraries, and in-house processes and procedures to be accessed or updated daily.
- Translated and edited IATA’s Spanish course material to promote Latin American partnership.
- Assisted in overhauling the institute’s Web site by consulting on proper practices for content strategy and effective use of metadata.
Jun 2010 - Nov 2010 (5 months)
- Developed and implemented documentation standards for the optimization team.
- Assisted optimization team in writing and editing policies, procedures, and standards.
- Structured user-friendly processes for use in Microsoft SharePoint Server (MOSS).
Executive Team Leader-Human Resources
Feb 2009 - Jan 2010 (11 months)
- Instituted HR processes and directives in a store without prior HR structure.
- Managed all HR processes, including performance management, payroll, staffing, training, compliance, and corporate rollouts.
- Collaborated with peers to meet corporate goals and to maintain HR metrics in employee productivity, store profitability, and employee turnover.
Staffing and Development Team Leader—Human Resources
Dec 2006 - Jan 2009 (2 years 1 month)
- Maintained staffing and training for a 300+ employee store.
- Ensured all-level employees were trained according to company best practices.
- Managed employee performance; supervised team trainers.
- Assisted with employee relations; ensured corporate compliance.
Print Store Manager
Cooper’s Copies and Printing
Mar 2006 - Dec 2006 (9 months)
- Managed high-volume printing, including designing client files and products.
- Drove sales by calculating competitive bids and completing projects urgently.
Lab Assistant-Department of Physics
University of North Texas
Aug 2002 - Dec 2004 (2 years 4 months)
- Taught laboratory work to undergraduate students enrolled in astronomy courses.
- Assisted students at two university facilities: taught practical course material at the observatory and theory course material at the planetarium.
Design Editor and Reporter—The North Texas Daily
University of North Texas
Jan 2002 - Dec 2004 (2 years 11 months)
- Created and established newspaper’s design standards for 2004.
- Laid out the front page and feature pages of the daily newspaper; responsible for approving final layout before sending to publisher.
- Reported on beats for the newspaper, including student development and science.