Gelcomm is an award-winning design agency, based in Downtown Los Angeles. We are seeking freelance and fulltime packaging designers with consumer packaged goods experience.
We design from an informed point of view. Market research, rigorous insight, and dialog with brand/client stakeholders inform how we develop brands for a market and succeed. The open positions we have are for qualified packaging design leads (art director level and above) that will bring to Gelcomm exceptional design (mandatory hands-on execution), strategic thinking and collaboration with our established in-house design team.
• Minimum of eight years experience (preferably agency)
• Degree in design or related field
• Expert proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• High skill in mechanical package production
• Acute awareness of industry trends in innovation, design, branding, and trending
• Exudes confidence presenting to internal team and clients if called upon
• Active in industry and design community
• Ability to concept ideas
• Illustration skills a major plus
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Strong organization and attention to detail
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and digital portfolio link. We are looking for a current design portfolio showing your work in similar business segments that Gelcomm services: brand development, consumer package design (food or personal care), youth & family entertainment, fashion, product development and style guides. Also include examples of your process, including sketches.
Please review our work and history before applying for this position. We will not respond to inquiries that do not meet the criteria noted above.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.