ATPCO's Product and Solutions team is looking for a UX Designer to join our growing User Experience team. We are looking for a UX designer that is passionate about complex, creative, and interactive experiences. You will be collaborating and designing new as well as existing features to improve and enhance the user interface of big data software-as-a-service applications used by the airline industry.
In this role, you must be self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate, imaginative UX designer who can solve challenging big data design problems and meet feature requirements with designs that emphasize elegance and usability.
The User Experience Designer will follow a user-centered design process, understanding real users - their goals, aptitudes, experiences, needs, and motivations. In this role they will approach design from a user-perspective and balance users' needs alongside business goals and technical capabilities. They will be working closely with product managers, their teams and software developers to determine necessary features and drive the design of SaaS products.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Help assess customer needs to design and deliver compelling, end-to-end user experience solutions through stakeholder interviews, persona creation, journey mapping, creating, presenting and evaluating prototypes, and validating through usability testing.
* Iteratively create artifacts that illustrate user tasks, define proposed product functionality, turn business requirements into conceptualizations of the proposed product, and effectively communicate the overall user experience to the project and/or product team. These artifacts may include:
* Competitive product analyses, Task/process flows, screen flows, storyboards, usage scenarios, detailed descriptions of proposed interactions/behaviors, usage models
* Information architectures, site maps, navigation maps, page flows, sketches, conceptual design mockups, wireframes, prototypes and other user experience design deliverables as needed.
* Gather and track feedback and key design decisions generated from continuous review of these artifacts to iteratively improve the user experience.
* Ensure a consistent user experience across the suite of applications
* Work closely and efficiently with a cross-functional and interdisciplinary team that includes other Designers, Developers, Project and Product Management, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance, Business Partners and customers
* Participate in developing the user research and user experience plans for each project, including customer visits, contextual inquiry, interviews and observation, focus groups or surveys as needed. Work in coordination with the UX Lead to execute these plans
* Defend design decisions with well-structured arguments, design rationale that reflects current and emerging standards
* Develop knowledge of competitive and complementary products for the purpose of bringing new design ideas to each product and project.
* Gain and maintain knowledge of current and emerging design principles and best practices in user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques
* Learn to recognize user experience risks as they arise and make design recommendations that take into account tradeoffs, scope creep, iterative design, phased releases
* Help plan and facilitate ad hoc as well as structured usability evaluations with end users at ATPCO, at remote sites and remote-via-computer settings
* Conduct usability evaluations using semi- to fully functional prototypes or existing applications
* Clearly communicate and escalate user experience risks to the project team and management, as necessary
* Use professional and effective interpersonal skills with team, peers and management, across divisions
* Communicate effectively and professionally with customers and colleagues alike; whether from the business or technical team
Human Factors International as Usability Analyst (CUA) or User Experience Analyst (CXA) preferred but not a must
* Minimum qualifications include 2+ years' experience as a User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, or Information Architect in the design of applications that are driven by highly complex and high-volume data
* Equivalent experience in conducting user research, extracting requirements, designing an interaction framework, working on agile/interactive development teams, and presenting their ideas to development and management
* Experience in developing low & high-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, interaction flows using tools such as Axure
* Work portfolio that shows your thought process through examples and/or case studies of compelling web or application design
Bachelor's degree in Human Computer Interaction, UserExperience Design, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, User Interface Design, Human Factors, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wfxntpqmvd5wdjxk