At Column Five, web designers are many things: they are hyper-creative visual artists; they are lovers of beautiful information design; they have good senses of humor; they are technologically adept, self-motivated and generally excited about life.
Day-to-day, they work with our Producers, Art Directors, Developers and fellow designers to produce results-driven creative. This includes:
- Designing content, from sketch to final deliverable
- Making edits to others' work
- Concepting original design treatments
- Creating various collateral, both for our clients and for our company
- Collaborating with other team members to produce the best design possible
- Offering input and feedback throughout design rounds
- Enjoying a nice beer or fizzy drink on Fridays
- The ability to work independently and solve problems
- Ability to concept and execute innovative approaches to projects
- An eye for detail
- Strong typographic skills
- Very strong digital or interactive layout skills
- Solid understanding of the major design applications; proficient in InDesign and Photoshop.
- Must have advanced skills and experience in Adobe Illustrator.
- Education in graphic design (or a related field)
- 2 to 6 years of experience working in a design studio or related professional design position is preferred
Our company is relaxed, but we work at a fast pace. We thrive in an environment filled with experimentation, camaraderie and collaboration. While we value sharp minds and professionalism, we like to surround ourselves with people who have a sense of humor and who understand what it means to be confident yet humble. We know how to get things done and have fun at the same time. We request the same from you.
Competitive salaries, full health insurance, FSA plans, generous 401(k) savings plans, beer Fridays (or other fizzy drinks), salad Wednesdays and fun team events.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Location: On-site in our Irvine, CA office
How to Apply:
Please provide a resume, cover letter in PDF format and portfolio link. No phone calls, please. Column Five is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please do not apply to this role if you do not have at least one year of experience doing web design, thank you for your interest in Column Five!
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.