Bottega Louie Creative Department is seeking an organized and efficient Senior Art Director with determination, a sense of urgency and an analytical and technical approach to achieving results where quality is never compromised. Essential behaviors include possessing the ability to lead and control multiple projects simultaneously, solving problems quickly and efficiently, and maintaining a poised and professional demeanor throughout evolving concepts.
This position requires demonstration of strategic decision-making, meticulous design craft, clear communication, and exceptionally high standards. Our Senior Art Director is a courteous, analytical thinker, confident in their ideas, but cautious in their implementation. Interested candidates must have five to ten years of experience working in a creative, design or production environment. A passion for food and hospitality is a plus.
Qualified candidates must be local to the LA area and able to work a standard full time schedule. Weekends and holidays may be required, as necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Creative versatility with experience in luxury consumer products / packaging / print / digital design.
• Ability to oversee and develop the brand strategy and visual language throughout multiple deliverables.
• Experience in bringing projects from concept to completion. Practical knowledge of working with domestic and international vendors to mass produce packaging pieces is a plus.
• Photography and web design skills.
• BA or Bachelor of Communication Arts degree in graphics-related field is preferred.
• 5-10 years’ work experience within the design industry.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
• Skilled in copyediting.
• Knowledge of web platforms such as Shopify is a plus.
• Preferred work ethic / behavioral characteristics: incredible attention to detail and accuracy, self-motivated and independent thinker, strong communication skills, excellent organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple short-term and long-term projects simultaneously, positive attitude, accepts constructive feedback well, dedicated and hardworking, team player.
• Packaging and product development for food and beverage items
o Works with Owner, CEO, VP of Sales & Market Operations, and Pastry Chefs to develop products and their packaging.
o Manage projects closely to ensure timely launches.
o Responsible for all stylized brand photography: menu items, market product, pastry.
o When applicable, coordinates and directs freelance photographer on a need be basis.
o Photographs / documents all new menu items as well as market pastries / products for internal records and training.
• Marketing and Social Media
o Creates content for and schedules all email blasts on a weekly or holiday basis.
o Creates content for all social media / marketing efforts.
• Operations support
o Edits and prints menus. Coordinates with third party to make menu PDFs compliant. Uploads to website.
o Audits market for proper display of all product merchandising.
o Works with Operations to coordinate and launch new business segments.
• Inventory / Vendor Relationships / Purchasing
o Handles purchasing for all packaging inventory. Packaging inventory consists of about 250 branded pieces / $450,000 total inventory.
o Manages / oversees inventory and places reorders when necessary.
o Works with vendors to receive best pricing.
o Bids new packaging to vendors and manages the sampling-to-production process.
• Team management
o Manages Inventory Receiving Coordinator and Inventory & Receiving Assistant.
o Conducts performance evaluations and hiring for those roles when necessary.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.