Junior Web Developer
The Junior Web Developer is part of and works closely with the Communication Strategies team. The Junior Web Developer at Ringling College of Art and Design understands a variety of audiences and demographics and is able to develop and maintain engaging and appealing website content for both mobile and desktop platforms.
The successful candidate has the ability to effectively articulate ideas and concepts; to be creative, accurate, and productive while balancing projects and deadlines; and the ability to work independently and under pressure in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Update and maintain the current website as well as assist in creating any new, future sites.
• Manage website technical structure, design & aesthetics, content, navigation, information architecture, performance, and functionality
• Keep existing websites functional and updated with new technology and content
• Create a functional and attractive digital environment for the College, ensuring great user experience.
• Collaborate with Communications Strategies team to improve website usability
• Create email templates and landing pages based on College brand guidelines
• Translate department needs into functional and appealing interactive web pages by using a variety of platforms, some of which requires coding.
• Manage websites with the use of open source and existing in-house technology
• Create visual layout of web pages using approved copy and design assets and assist in testing technical solutions.
• Maintain and adhere to current brand and style guidelines for the College.
• Collaborate with Communications Strategies team to understand content, brand, digital, and interactive strategies
• Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve user experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience in web and interactive media
• Proficient in Drupal development and management
• Proficient in HTML 5, CSS, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Advanced degree in computer science, web development, engineering, or similar
• Other programming languages
• Wordpress site management
Open until filled. Apply on-line at https://ringling.simplehire.com
Ringling College of Art and Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/dsmzt2bzj5mvf3gm