- This role requires a highly creative individual at pace with the latest instore experience design and technology trends.
- The candidate requires design leadership skills to create and deliver new instore concepts and guidelines as well as drive innovation in retail.
- The position is critical to deliver the brand’s iconic retail expression with excellence in markets and to achieve brilliant instore execution.
- This is an opportunity to influence and develop new designs across the brand with custom experiences that showcase innovation across multiple touch-points.
JOB DIMENSIONS & SCOPE
- Be a Global Architect in SK-II Headquarters located in Singapore.
- Develop and ensure the integrity of global design equity and guidelines.
- Accountable for brand Permanent Merchandising design development including counter concept creation, guidelines and corporate menu.
- Collaborate with, Principle Designer, multi-function (Marketing, MS&P, Sales, Purchasing…), local instore teams, and external partners (suppliers, agencies…) to deliver design intent to market.
- Develop design & innovation, end-to-end user experiences including exclusive Flagship doors.
- Create rapid and iterative prototyping for a variety of ideas and concepts.
- Take a hands-on approach with the local instore team & customers in order to 1) guarantee the quality of Flagship and rollout doors in design and execution 2) own local and regional design adaption from standard guidelines.
- Influence business leaders on design, processes and manufacturing.
- Grow and develop capability of external partners, build network and expertise.
- Define and produce brand design guidelines and trainings including presentations for meetings and off-site events.
- Own action plan and results scorecard.
- Demonstrate adaptability and agility to changing priorities driven by the business.
- Travel required for Flagship doors to ensure perfect implementation of guidelines, up to 20% of the time. Travel may be international according to the business priorities.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Formal background (design degree from an accredited college or university) and minimum 7 years of hands-on experience in retail/ events design.
- Expert knowledge of the permanent merchandising brand concepts including brand spirit, technical details, materials, markets, samples, construction details and prototypes with the supplier.
- Knowledge of shoppers, competitors and customers in order to contribute to brand guidelines evolution and adaptation.
- Superior project management skills and ability to work without supervision. Manage work load, monitor and report on actuals.
- Strong collaboration, influence and communication skills
- Great sense of creativity.