Fell Swoop, a Seattle-based digital design firm, is seeking a Digital Design Director who is passionate about creating compelling and engaging web-based experiences. As a Digital Design Director at Fell Swoop you will work closely with our multidisciplinary team to lead the creation of user-centered web communications and app interfaces.
Why Fell Swoop?
Every member of the team at Fell Swoop makes a meaningful impact on our culture and work. We show up each day to create world-class digital products and digital communications.
At Fell Swoop, you’ll work in close collaboration with a top-notch team, maintain a work-life balance, and pursue your passion for design. You will have opportunities to learn and grow while playing a direct role in shaping the reputation and future of Fell Swoop. We will be counting on you, and we will help you succeed.
What you’ll do:
• Be an engaged, energizing member of our team, sharing your imagination and passion for great design.
• Push the conceptual & creative level of our design solutions.
• Deliver brilliant creative concepts that address user needs.
• Craft beautiful, user-centered, functional UI designs with an extremely high degree of fit & finish.
• Work with copywriters to deliver quality communications.
• Play a role in the success of our clients, which will be the key to our success.
What you’ll bring:
• A desire to produce work of the highest caliber, and the willingness to do what it takes to make that happen.
• 7+ years of experience in a creative agency or in-house role.
• A degree in Design, Ideally IxD, or Visual Communications design
• Stunning portfolio of work, including real projects for large corporate clients.
• A firm grasp of Interaction Design and UI priciples.
• Strong presentation skills. Able to communicate concepts to team members and clients in a clear, compelling way.
• A growth mindset, and a willingness to learn and try new things
• An ability to communicate with your manager and colleagues, professionally and directly.
• The ability to create and extend design systems, and to communicate the details of those systems to others.
• The skills to be both hands-on, and to direct the work of other designers.
• The organizational chops to manage multiple deliverables and meet timelines.
• An ability to work independently.
• Comfort with ambiguity. A willingness to ‘just figure it out.’
• A Collaborative spirit. A proactive team communicator.
• Experience in Adobe CC apps with emphasis on PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects.
• Experience working in Sketch.
• Experience with various prototyping platforms and apps a plus (InVision, Axure, Principle, etc.)
• Fluency in discussing HTML & CSS concepts. An ability to communicate with developers to ensure design is built as intended and to troubleshoot and do QA on design/development details.
• Full medical and dental benefits for you (coverage for dependents available at your expense)
• 6 weeks of PTO (including holidays and sick time)
• Flexibility to remotely from home on Tuesdays and Thursdays
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.