We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for the world’s most interesting brands. Established in 1997 by Morten Warren, we are a highly selective studio built on a singular commitment to excellence. We are independent and march to the beat of our own drum. At the heart of our work is the need to challenge the expected, confront accepted wisdom and push the boundaries of the possible.
Purpose of Role
As a Lead Industrial Designer at Native you will be responsible for driving the creation, development, refinement, and documentation of innovative and compelling industrial design solutions that are inline with the design objectives and goals of Native and our clients. You will lead all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations, inspiring the project team to create inventive, world-class industrial design solutions across an exciting breadth of products, experiences and sectors.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
- Taking a lead role in projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing creative and technical leadership and direction for the project team.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
- Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
- Develop modeling and visualizing skills within Native
- Develop and mentor junior colleagues
- Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
- Always liaise with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
- Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project
- Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar
- Ensure that team members working with you are utilized according to their skills and to their maximum potential
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and portfolio. While we are unable to respond to every application, we will be in touch if we think you would be a good fit.
No recruiters please.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.