We are seeking a Jr./Mid level Concept Designer
Come join the team at Techtronic Industries, the world leader in cordless technology spanning Power Tools, Outdoor Power Equipment, Floor Care Appliances and Accessories. We currently have an open position in the Anderson, SC office for an entry to mid-level Industrial Designer in the Advanced Concept Engineering (ACE) group.
ACE is an interdisciplinary innovation group; comprised of both industrial designers and engineers. Working within the Power Tool division at TTI, ACE strives to develop cutting edge concepts and designs for brands such as Ryobi, Ridgid, Stile, and Arctic Cove. As part of this cross functional team you will work hand in hand with multiple engineering groups, Industrial design, and project management to deliver functional prototypes that can be evaluated for feasibility and viability. Your day-to-day activities will include: idea brainstorms (always contributing ideas to solve a problem), research (both technical possibilities and current products on the market), concept sketching, technical design thinking, prototyping(3d printing, CAD,etc), and testing(user testing of prototypes and concept evaluation). We are a very hands-on group that thrives on learning through doing; we like to build, make, and test in order to create new and innovative products.
• A degree from an accredited college in Industrial Design(Undergrad, or Grad)
• Must be proficient in Solidworks CAD package
• A knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and rendering packages (Keyshot preferred)
• The ability to work in a highly technical environment
• Experience creating low-fidelity to high-fidelity prototypes
• And an optimistic and eager to learn attitude
• Self-starters who can work well autonomously and in collaboration with teams
• Designers with a human centered approach to problem solving
• Individuals with the “Maker” mindset – excited to jump into a new project and not afraid to get their hands dirty
• Collaborative contributors – brings outside experience and interests to brainstorms
• Cross-functional communicators – able to translate information between technical and non-technical co-workers, in Anderson and internationally
• Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems (motors, microcontrollers, batteries)
• Experience with Rapid Prototyping (varying materials and processes)
We offer competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package -- tuition assistance, 401(k), medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation and holidays
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.