Garmin’s Consumer Industrial Design team continues to grow. We are looking for talented Industrial Designers to help us take on additional projects to support the company’s growth. We need designers with the courage to explore new ideas and forms, combined with the ability to collaborate respectfully in a team.
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation, we are committed to making superior products for automotive, aviation, marine, outdoor and fitness markets that are an essential part of our customers’ lives. Our vertical integration business model keeps all design, manufacturing, marketing and warehouse processes in-house, giving us more control over timelines, quality and service. Our user-friendly products are not only sought after for their compelling design, superior quality and best value, but they also have innovative features that enhance the lives of our customers. We are focused on recruiting top performers in all areas of the company to drive innovation and success
Join a talented and passionate team of 30 industrial designers who work directly with engineering and management to create compelling products for the Automotive, Outdoor, Fitness, Marine, and Wearable markets. Collaborate with a dedicated team of prototype developers in a fully equipped shop that includes multiple 3D printers and CNC machines. Experience the variety and diversity of projects that would normally be reserved for a design consultancy with the stability and benefits of a corporate environment. Our design team develops solutions for activity trackers, running watches, action cameras, cycling computers, marine radars, outdoor watches, handhelds, and more. Garmin’s process also provides designers the ability to work on a design from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into mass-production.
Visit our design directory page for a look at the studio, shop, and to see examples of our work:
• Explore a wide variety of compelling design options through sketching and rendering for Garmin’s consumer product markets
• Understand and apply future trends in design, technology, and materials
• Create 3D models using Solidworks for product development and prototyping
• Communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means
• Understand the needs and desires of our customers
• Collaborate with Design, Engineering, Marketing, and Management teams to translate project goals into relevant design solutions
• Work with a team of prototype specialists to create in-house appearance models
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, or another field relevant to the essential functions of this job description from a four-year college or university OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience with a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Other requirements include:
• 3 - 6 years experience
• Must demonstrate knowledge, education, experience and/or training necessary to use tools such as SolidWorks, Keyshot, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketchbook Pro
• Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent hand sketching skills (Wacom Tablet experience preferred)
• Ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options (forms, colors, finishes, materials, etc.)
• Courage to explore new ideas
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
Please submit portfolio and resume to: email@example.com
Relocation assistance available
We are unable to sponsor work visas for this role.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.