About Brownlie Design
Incorporated in 1971
Located in beautiful Skaneateles, NY in the heart of the Finger Lakes region.
Our unique setting and beautiful environment is ideal for fostering creativity and generating successful design solutions.
Over the last 47 years, we have designed hundreds of products, components, marketing materials, trade-show booths and user-interfaces that contribute to the market success of companies ranging in size from large multinational corporations to start-ups and individual inventors.
Our client list includes many of the most well-known brands in the world.
The Industrial Designer will work directly with the client and project managers to execute design projects for our new and long-term client list. The candidate must have expert-level knowledge of the design process with a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to create compelling and innovative product designs. This individual should have concept sketching and hands-on model-making experience as well as Photoshop and 3D modeling(Solidworks, CREO, Fusion360) capabillities. Candidate must work well in a collaborative environment, is a solutions-based thinker, can pivot between projects easily – as well as contribute to an ever-changing list of company priorities.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively respond to feedback
• Strong aesthetic and presentation skills, and a keen eye for detail
• Effectiveness in time management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organization, self-motivation, and the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing priorities
• Critical thinking with the ability to foresee problems and suggest solutions
• Expert-level ability in Rhino. Additional experience in SolidWorks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite
• Willingness to be a part of a team and do whatever needs doing to accomplish company goals
Skills and Experience
• 5+ Years’ experience in a physical product design role
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills.
• High level of concept sketching and photoshop rendering
• Strong research and analytical skills, with a focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to network and establish relationships with vendors, suppliers and customers.
• Negotiation and influencing skills as well as determination and tenacity.
An ethical and professional approach to work.