Armada is a full service furniture design and manufacturing studio based out of the Brooklyn Navy Yard. We focus on providing custom furniture solutions for NYC interior designers and architects along with providing a standard product catalog. We aim to deliver the highest quality products for our clients by integrating a strong understanding of traditional woodworking joinery with modern manufacturing techniques and process.
About the Job:
We are looking for a full time freelance designer to join our team at our Brooklyn studio. In this position he/she will work directly with the owners and fabrication team to develop client presentation drawings in addition to fabrication ready drawings, documents, and CNC files. We are a small and growing company and as such value individuals comfortable with departmental cross-over. The ideal candidate has experience in the field of furniture design as well as a familiarity with fabrication processes in solid wood, engineered wood, and metal.
● Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Architecture, or other design related field
● 2+ years experience in design industry
● Proficiency in Rhino or Solidworks, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Google Suite
● Proficiency in RhinoCam a plus
● Ability to produce detailed and organized shop drawings
● Willingness to learn new processes and techniques
● Able to coordinate multiple projects at once
Please submit your resume and portfolio to Hello@Armadany.com with the subject “Furniture Designer”. This is a freelance position compensation will be hourly, rate determined by experience and qualifications.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.