Bobbi Brown, Senior Designer, Visual Merchandising #1715289
The Senior Designer of Visual Merchandising will work on the design conceptualization, coordination, and successful execution of Visual Merchandising fixtures regarding periodical global launches as well as permanent units in all types of retail environments. The overall goal is to ensure that a consistent look and feel is carried out at counter and that Bobbi's overall brand image continues to evolve, ensuring a strong brand presence in a highly competitive marketplace. This position is responsible for design, development and execution of tester and merchandising units related to permanent and seasonal programs for the brand and for issuing Merchandising and New Door Guidelines globally.
• Full execution of all visual merchandising requests managing phases of projects
• Attend meetings, present concepts and report on status of current projects if necessary.
• Daily basis communicate with global & regional marketing teams, Creative, Creative Marketing & store design to understand store fixtures in retail environment to ensure merchandising solutions result in a cohesive brand message and positive Bobbi experience for all customers at counter.
• Along with standard units, create site-specific one-off merchandising units that must be addressed individually each season according to sales/marketing and store requests.
• On approval of projects, create/approve vendor construction documents and vendor-required dimensioned drawings, instruction sheets for new and on-going units.
• Provide sample or prototype units in vendor meetings.
• Demonstrate an understanding of materials, cost, and time requirements on projects.
• Interact with NLM and Corporate Purchasing to resolve issues of function, performance, manufacturing, cost and scheduling during design development and production phases of projects. Must possess understanding of shelf, accessory and componentry materials and manufacturing processes, proposing compelling and plausible design solutions that can be achieved technically and within timing/budgetary limitations.
• Maintain awareness of current trends in visual arts and merchandising, travel as necessary, and complete in-store site visits to observe counters in action and/or approve production, research trends and materials.
• Position requires 4+ years of experience, preferably in the cosmetics or fashion arena, in visual merchandising or industrial design, store planning/design, event design, graphic design, or related experience, with 2 years supervisory experience.
• Strong 3-dimensional design skills with a great sense of 2D design.
• Strong ability to render and communicate ideas, flexibility of vision, responsiveness to creative input and great visual sensibilities.
• Must be exceptionally creative and innovative, and be able to articulate thoughts and ideas clearly.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to obtain cooperation from all levels of staff and vendors resulting in smooth completion of project initiatives.
• Ability to work well in a team environment, contribute ideas, and interact with other departments to obtain current information in an ever-evolving environment on trends, customers, market conditions, etc.
• Ability to receive input from others, and be able to persuasively discuss/defend design solutions while remaining flexible and open to other points of view with both internal and external groups.
• Superior organizational skills to handle the details of many projects simultaneously with ability to juggle many pressing priorities with ease in a fast paced environment.
• Understanding of current Fashion/Retail trends, ability to identify and translate trends in the industry and the consumer marketplace.
• Computer skills: On Mac platform; Illustrator, Photoshop, Quark, In-Design, Maya or equivalent 3-D drawing program, all Microsoft Office programs.
• Thorough knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
• Understanding of server protocol and follow through on file back-up and archiving procedures to prevent the loss of work product.
• Excellent hand-skills to comp creative concepts to highest presentation quality.
Please apply by submitting resume, including link to portfolio (and password, if applicable) on our career site using link provided.