Product Designer- Gift and Home Decor
Tag, Ltd. is an industry leader in Home, Gift and Housewares, with a reputation for quality, design and innovation. Tag has designed, developed and sourced exclusive products for the wholesale Home and Gift Industry for over 40 years. Tag designers turn their creativity, expertise and passion into new and innovative products every day. We are a fast paced, market-driven, collaborative environment and, for the right candidate, there is an opportunity to join our Product Development team as a full-time Designer.
Requirements - Full Time, In House Position
• 4 year college degree in surface design, illustration, product design, graphic design, or related field.
• A minimum of 7-10 years of experience
• Excellent illustration skills in a variety of styles and the ability to translate that into products
• Ability to hand sketch, paint and sculpt a plus
• Experience designing products in 3D
• Expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop or other CAD programs
• Packaging design experience a plus
• In-depth knowledge of home materials including textiles, ceramics, metals, etc.
• An understanding of manufacturing processes
• A self-motivated approach to projects, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Time-management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong awareness of marketplace and ability to analyze and apply trends to product development/design
• An idea person who is genuinely excited by the industry and passionate about design
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and an eye for detail
• Availability to travel to trade and trend shows
• No relocation package available
Essential functions of job:
• Ability to design in a range of styles for both seasonal and everyday; ability to design whimsical looks, as well as home fashion forward styles.
• Research current trends, themes, colors, materials, and product forms. Translate them into new, innovative seasonal assortments in a variety of formats including textiles, ceramics, gift and decorative accessories.
• Initiate ideas to drive sales and achieve business goals.
• Partner with product managers to ensure the accurate and timely execution of product design objectives. Review and revise samples as they arrive from vendors.
• Prepare high level presentations for tag line as well as private label customers.
• Work in a team environment with other product designers, product managers and management. Participate in the development and mentoring of other team members. Collaborate around new ideas and product concepts.
• Apply information from sales data, other departments and customers to ensure continued improvement and innovation of product offerings. Develop products that are relevant, on trend, innovative and functional to drive sales.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including, medical, dental, life insurance and 401k Plan. Please forward your resume and salary requirements and link to your portfolio to HR@tagltd.com Salary requirements must be included. NO RELOCATION PACKAGE OFFERED
must include portfolio and salary requirements
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.