This position requires a highly creative, passionate, and experienced design professional with an understanding of Creative Services’ role to support all sales, marketing, and engineering efforts related to consumer products sold in both mass and specialty retail.
The Senior Graphic Designer is self-equipped with the skills necessary to create all the visual assets necessary to deliver artwork at every stage of development — from concept to finished production-ready artwork. Day-to-day output include retail packaging, point-of-purchase displays and merchandisers, as well as print, digital, and video advertising and communications.
Engaging with and under the direction of the Design Director, the Senior Graphic Designer will fulfill a key role for project leadership and ownership within the team while holding the standard of aesthetic and strategic impact. They will lead in the execution of complex, original graphic design and comprehensive layout concepts, and oversee and coordinate production of materials.
Working closely with the Creative and Marketing Teams, the Senior Graphic Designer is an integral part of the co-creation process that leverages perspective from all team members to develop design solutions for brand challenges across a wide variety of projects — including marketing strategies, identity development, art direction, and new brand creation.
The Senior Graphic Designer is expected to be an indispensable partner to the Creative Services Team. This individual should possess vision and flexibility and undertake responsibility in an open and proactive manner.
• Assume hands-on design function to help complete projects in a thorough, aesthetically compelling manner.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and to manage competing projects and deadlines.
• Understanding of the latest design trends and their role in a retail environment.
• Maintain continuous relevancy to current design, color and multimedia touch-points in relation to customer-facing marketing promotions such as point-of-purchase, advertising, and direct mail vehicles.
• Exceptional creativity and innovation with accuracy and attention to detail.
• The ability to approach marketing campaigns holistically and execute concept theming across multiple platforms, establishing true continuity to the customer experience.
• Display a positive, team building work attitude under pressure.
• Take accountability and ownership of assigned projects while understanding schedules and budgets.
• Possess presentation skills to effectively, persuasively engage with internal senior level management.
• Partner with cross-functional teams, including merchandising, marketing, creative, e-commerce, social media, and third-party partners to define and manage project goals.
• Strong conceptual skills and a strategic mindset with knowledge of print production, photography, and color proofing.
• Possess people skills to effectively, persuasively engage with internal senior level management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor of Arts or other similar educational background.
• Demonstrated ability to design and produce quality graphics that enhance the customer experience and drive sales.
• Ability to work within tight deadlines while still producing quality work.
• A minimum of six to eight years experience in graphic design.
• Proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, in addition to Microsoft Powerpoint and other current design software.
• The basic ability to draw and layout design thinking using the traditional design tools.
• Thorough experience in print production, photography, color proofing.
• Experience in UI design, web design, motion design, and video editing are a plus.