OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Broadcasting Company
Fox Broadcasting Company (FOX), a unit of 21st Century Fox, is home to some of the highest-rated and most acclaimed series on television. FOX has 208 FOX Affiliates, including 17 stations owned and operated by the Company, which reach approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. FOX airs 15 hours of primetime programming a week, as well as major sports and Sunday morning news. Through the FOX NOW app, FOX viewers can watch full episodes of their favorite FOX shows on a variety of digital platforms, while enjoying enhanced interactive and social capabilities around those shows.
Design, Creative Services Group • FOX Broadcasting Company
We are seeking an experienced Art Director with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and technical production skills. We are a small niche design agency within the Creative Services Group of FOX Broadcasting Company, servicing multiple departments ranging from Special Events, Publicity, Affiliate Marketing, Sales, Sports, Content Partnerships, Social Media, Broadcast Distribution and many other divisions within the company. To succeed in this position, you must always be learning, be curious and be positive.
Responsibilities and Duties:
As an Art Director, you will work closely with the members of the design and special events team. You will provide art direction and coordinate production support for print and digital based collateral, signage, and a variety of design projects that accurately reflect the FOX brand and it’s shows. Additional responsibilities include, overseeing and managing design staff and freelance designers, interviewing, onboarding and training freelancers, packaging and pre flighting files for release to vendors or printers.
Work closely with Project Managers in order to deliver projects on time and in budget. Prioritize workload and manage multiple projects efficiently. Build and maintain positive relationships across the company.
- 7 to 10 years as a professional design experience at a design firm, studio, network or advertising agency
- 4+ years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat), Microsoft Office, Keynote and high level of technological literacy on Mac platform
- Creation of design concepts for a broad range of client projects ranging from print, digital and packaging design
- Have a thorough understanding of typography, design and printing
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
- Must have a collaborative approach, the ability to work with others and to professionally represent the department
- A team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and keep a team on schedule
- Possess strong decision-making abilities along with creative, project and time management skills
- Experience supervising a design team, including delegating, giving feedback and providing constructive criticism to creatives
- Degree in Communication Arts, Graphic Design, or comparable portfolio and experience
- For consideration, you MUST provide ALL of the following - resume and at least 2 relevant portfolio samples (preferably as one pdf)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.