The Associate Industrial Designer is responsible for developing drawings and conceptualizing the designs of products. Combines art, engineering, marketing and business expertise to design new products or make product enhancements. Evolve concept designs through a systematic process of drawing, model making, testing & analysis. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
Essential Job Functions
• Design products based on specifications.
• Education: Bachelor’s level degree in Industrial Design
• Experience: 0 – 2 years in the field or in a related area
• Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: .Adobe, Photoshop and Illustrator programs, must possess 2D and 3D training (SolidWorks) and relevant technical (e.g., rapid prototyping experience) and illustrative abilities, including sketching and overall creative design skills and ideation.
• Working Conditions: General office environment
• Other Skills/Abilities: Ability to interact with users in non-technical, clear terms. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and strong problem solving skills.