Leadoff Studio is a full service Industrial Design and Product Development consultancy based in New York. We work with both start-ups and established companies by creating innovative concepts and helping to bring them to life. Our projects are diverse across categories like consumer electronics, housewares, furniture, footwear, retail, packaging, and more.
We are looking for a passionate intern to join our staff over the next few months. As an intern at Leadoff you will get the opportunity to grow through guided learning and pitching in on real projects. This is a chance to work at a small studio where you can learn all facets of the design business, while also growing your portfolio and network.
- Recent grad or current student of an Industrial Design program
- Excellent sketching skills
- Ability to create and test prototypes using a range of methods
- Knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite
- Proficiency in 3D CAD, at least some familiarity with Solidworks
- Ability to create kick-ass renderings in Keyshot
- Great communication skills (visual, verbal and written)
- Above all, passionate about design and a desire to learn
This is a paid internship.
All applicants must send in a resume and samples of their work as a pdf in order to be considered.
Applicants must be located in the New York Tri-State area, as you must be able to easily get to our studio based in Manhattan (Hudson Yards).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.