MedicaSafe is a small, but growing technology company tackling the issue of medication non-adherence in the areas of healthcare with the most pressing needs: opioid use disorder, mental health, and pain management. We have been awarded multiple grants by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and are partnered with some of the most passionate healthcare providers in the country. Our employees do meaningful work in a creative, pun-filled environment.
About MedicaSafe Engineering:
MedicaSafe Engineering is a small group of mechanical, electrical, and software engineers working to deliver hardware and software products for clinical use cases. We are currently developing our second-generation product - a handheld medication dispenser, paired with a mobile app and web platform for treatment management and reporting.
About the product design engineer role:
As a product design engineer at MedicaSafe, you will leverage your consumer electronics experience to steer the mechanical design of our medical hardware products. You will work with a team of electrical engineers, software engineers, designers, research coordinators, and healthcare professionals to carry our products from problem statement through to large-scale production.
Candidates must be able to work quickly, seamlessly shift between technical requirements and non-technical explanations, and think outside of the box to find simple solutions to complex engineering issues. A successful candidate will have the ability to scrutinize every dimension of a mechanical system, while also ensuring all decisions are made towards the goal of achieving our broader product vision.
- Lead a structured product development effort, with a focus on mechanical engineering
- Design mechanical and electromechanical systems to meet our product goals
- 3D model, build, test, and refine prototypes while considering how they would scale to medium and high volumes
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary product team and make design decisions that make them all proud
- Expand and improve the team’s capabilities, processes and expertise
- BS in mechanical engineering
- 3+ years of proven product design and R&D experience
- Experience launching a high volume consumer electronic device
- Experience working with contract manufacturers
- Strong foundation in mechanical engineering concepts
- Fluency in Solidworks for 3D modeling, FEA simulation, and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing techniques and materials
- Handy with shop tools, and adept at rapid prototyping
Additional Qualifications (nice-to-haves)
- MS in mechanical engineering
- Experience launching multiple high volume products
- Experience with medical product design, including FDA 510(k) submissions
- Experience working with ISO 13485 contract manufacturers
- Experience with waterproofing and IPXX
- Experience with designing robotics systems on the cm/mm-scale
A portfolio showcasing thoughtful design engineering strongly preferred, but not required.
Please send your resume and any other application materials to email@example.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.