Ever wondered where all the great products at Build-A-Bear come from? Want to be a part of the process? Product Designers at Build-A-Bear collaborate & create products that help spread hugs across the world while working in a friendly, fast paced environment. The Associate Product Designer will get the opportunity to work on products across multiple categories of the business. This includes plush, clothing, footwear & accessories and will vary seasonally. A sharp awareness of children’s play patterns, trends and toy/play designs will very be important for all category designs. This role has responsibility for meeting all design, product, calendar, and revenue goals for their category.
Read below to learn more about this exciting opportunity located in St. Louis, MO. Interested individuals should submit an on-line portfolio or samples in addition to a resume. Apply online @ http://careers.buildabear.com/Careers.aspx (Choose Corporate Office Opportunities/World Bearquarters/Creative/Graphic Design.)
• Partner with Brand & Product Managers to understand relevant categories of guests to reach with product, review industry publications and relevant markets for toy trends, play patterns, technology, materials, design methods & techniques, and pop culture.
• Partner with internal Marketing & Product teams to understand consumer and market insights. Partner with Product & Brand Managers to identify key segments to target for given line to support strategic brief. Brainstorm and create cohesive ideas for category, including but not limited to color pallets and material. Collaborate with Merchants and Brand Managers to confirm the product is suitable for the necessary channels in which it is being developed.
• Concept and create all versioning of artwork through detailed hand and digital sketch renderings for plush, clothing, accessories, and footwear within our own Intellectual Property (IP) & licensed products. Manage multiple projects and assignments.
• Ensure design will work within current value engineering parameters. Partner with internal product development and sourcing partners to ensure the design & material types are executable within our vendor matrix. Work with internal quality team to ensure the safety of designs. Partner with licensors to ensure design compliance. Handoff detailed design briefs to Product Developers.
• Create detailed thematic presentation boards with hand & electronic renderings, swatches & material references. Present to all levels of management.
• Associate’s Degree with 1 to 2 years of experience in the toy, art or industrial/product design industry; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Experience working with licensed product preferred
• Proficiency in Adobe CS6 or higher (Illustrator/Photoshop), Product Life Management, WebPDM systems or similar, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)
• Strong ability to create both hand and digital renderings
• Strong organization and planning skills/demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
• Persuasive communication and strong presentation skills
• Creativity with the flexibility to adapt to change
• Ability to form strong collaborative partnership with peers
Build-A-Bear Workshop® offers an exciting, fun and fast -paced work environment with competitive pay, bonus opportunity, and comprehensive benefits! Bring your creativity and business acumen to this role and achieve results you may not have thought were possible!
Interested individuals should submit an on-line portfolio or samples in addition to a resume. Apply online @ http://careers.buildabear.com/Careers.aspx (Choose Corporate Office Opportunities/World Bearquarters/Creative/Graphic Design.)
Portfolio and/or samples of work and a resume must be submitted to be considered for this opening.