BSH Home Appliances Corporation
Tomorrow is our home.
Find out how easily you can achieve at BSH Home Appliances Corporation: As a leading manufacturer of home appliances and solutions, we encourage commitment and open-mindedness among our employees. With our global brands Bosch and Gaggenau as well as our local brand Thermador, our focus truly is on innovation. And that doesn’t just apply to our products and services, but also drives the way in which we cooperate, exchange ideas and organize our teams. Everyone is invited to make their individual contribution to our overall success. Join us now and give your career a home.
Senior Industrial Designer I
Irvine, CA or Knoxville, TN / Full-time
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that will be responsible for the conception and industrial design realization of future innovations in the luxury refrigeration market. This position will be pivotal in the long-term development and strategy of luxury home appliances. As a creative thinker you will work with various groups to collect and generate ideas for the next luxury refrigeration products within interdisciplinary teams (product marketing, design, product management, development, etc.). It is essential that this role champions curiosity, openness, and is keen to explore the underlying needs of consumers. The role will focus on developing new innovations that are steered using user experience tests, design thinking, and market research studies to ensure the most consumer driven innovations are pursued.
This position will be located at either our Industrial Design office in Irvine, CA or our Refrigeration Development Center in Knoxville, TN and will travel frequently to the other location. Candidates must identify the location desired to work from.
• The main function of this position is to lead the Industrial Design of projects focused on Luxury refrigeration products.
• Plan and implement Design Thinking sprints of multidisciplinary teams to develop highly innovative solutions in the luxury refrigeration market including service solutions.
• Implement market research to support future innovations for the luxury consumer (e.g. ethnographic studies, qualitative, quantitative, etc.).
• Support refrigeration departments to gain clarity and certainty in specifying consumer centric solutions.
• Project management/point of contact for selected UX focused projects through evaluation phase.
• Work with external model makers to create design prototypes.
• Create design data including: CAD, Photo-real renderings, Drawings, CMF Specification, and Print Films.
• Works with Product Marketing and Engineering to realize design concepts.
• Manages external design firms for renderings, CAD, UI work.
• Mentors Industrial Designers I and II and Interns.
• Initiates and works on pre-development projects.
• Responsible for additional department function (i.e. rapid prototyping machine, intern recruitment, technology scouting).
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
• 7+ years of experience
• Extensive computer knowledge of graphic and CAD software
• Knowledge of consumer research, design thinking, and UX methodologies
• Good understanding of Interface Design and capable of making detailed UI designs (i.e. TFT displays, touch-screen displays)
• Knowledge of construction and manufacturing standards with possible connection to design
• Capable of working on design projects with a very high level of complexity
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Optimistic, creative and motivating personality, also good analytical and problem solving skills
• Must be team oriented and flexible
• Highly organized with exceptional planning capabilities
• Ability to moderate group discussions
• Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision, handle multiple tasks and be prompt in meeting deadlines.
• Ability to interact with multiple levels of management essential
• Motivation to take on greater responsibilities over time with a positive attitude
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
• Proficient with CAD, Sketch-up, Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Travel required approximately 30-40% (Domestic & International)
• Candidate must submit a design portfolio as a pdf or web-link for consideration
• Must indicate desired work location (Irvine, CA or Knoxville, TN) in cover letter
• A comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, educational assistance and a 401(k) plan.
Please visit https://www.bsh-group.com/us/. We would love to welcome you in our team!
Find a new home for your professional ambitions.
This position is eligible for the BSH Associate Referral Program
EOE / AA Employer
We participate in E-Verify
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.