At Cambridge Consultants we design remarkable medical products and technology that improve the lives of people across the world.
Working within our Medical Technology (MedTech) division, you will be part of a Design Group that has a range of specialisms across physical, digital and print design.
Each of our designers plays a pivotal role in the development of a medical product system. We collaborate intensely to develop simple, intuitive products with harmonious user experiences in areas of drug delivery, diagnostics, eHealth and surgical technologies.
Designers at Cambridge Consultants are fully integrated into the development process. They conduct research, collaborate with stakeholders to identify product goals, generate concepts and create prototypes for evaluation by patients and users.
As a Graphics & Packaging Designer you will lead the design on projects, taking responsibility for, and participate in, the complete development cycle for medical packaging and Instructions for Use (IFUs), from product definition through to design verification and validation activities.
In this role you will also be a liaison with clients, business developers and technical engineers to promote user-centred design both internally and externally.
We’re looking for an articulate problem solver with lots of initiative.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to cutting edge development programs using your creative skills.
You will be involved in and/or asked to lead activities such as:
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams to develop compelling user-centred packaging and instructional materials.
• Supporting the Business Developers in sales meetings with prospective clients, planning and estimating product design and development projects, preparing project proposals
• Facilitating brainstorming, concept generation sessions and client workshops
• Experience working as a Graphic Designer. Ideally, with Packaging, Information and Graphic Design experience in the medical space.
• An excellent degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or Packaging Design (or comparable degree)
• Incredible design skills such as sketching, Illustrator & Photoshop skills and 3D software to communicate designs.
• Strong organisational, time management and prioritising skills as well as communication and presentation skills
• An impressive portfolio demonstrating experience working in a product development company, working on multi-disciplinary projects.
• Understanding of print production and how to manage vendors to produce prototypes