Designer, Global Package Design, Aramis & Designer Fragrances at the Estee Lauder Companies
Assist in creating and developing innovative graphic art direction for packaging with high luxury aesthetic, within budgetary and timetable restraints of all programs. Responsible to maintain and uphold all brand standards as determined by brand management and the licensors. Responsible for incorporating brand aesthetics, product positioning and related criteria into the design development of all packaging.
Fragrance and beauty brands are: DKNY, Donna Karan and Tory Burch.
1) Reports to the Design Director, and Executive Design Director on all facets of design, inclusive of packaging, related collateral materials and 2D projects.
2) Manage production runs, color evaluations, approvals of all packaging related artwork to ensure accurate execution at production.
3) Make internal presentations of design work in progress. Substitute for Design Director in internal presentations when needed.
4) Responsible for estimating and coordinating design development comps.
5) Oversee sourcing of outside artists, designers, and illustrators for new innovative creative solutions.
6) Foster idea sharing, concepting, art direction, and presentations of new ideas with other Creative team members, Product Marketing and Packaging Engineering teams.
7) Actively participate in meetings, substituting for Design Director when necessary with decision-making responsibilities.
8) Be able to manage work on multiple brands in primary and supporting roles.
9) Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional development partners including Creative, Packaging Engineering, Product Marketing, Product Development, GBSC, and GSR. Responsible for attending PPD, and issuing Design Turnovers (DTOs) as directed by the Design Director and in accordance to timetables.
BA or BFA preferred
3 Years of direct Design/Development experience preferred.
Self-motivated, innovative and able to multi-task under pressure in fast paced environment.
Must be highly organized, excellent time management skills and fiscally responsible.
Proficient in use of MAC environment with technical knowledge of Illustrator, In Design and Photoshop.
Please apply directly on the Estee Lauder Career Site; please copy and paste:
This position is job number 184274