We are looking for one special person who yearns to make our beautiful work - original art - work more beautifully.
If you're that person, you just got a chill, and we've got a pretty good idea about how you operate ;-).
You have a knack for finding the bottlenecks and creating flow. You thrive on purging unnecessary steps in a process and cleaning the organizational "junk drawer".
When you succeed in this role, you'll be thanked with happy tears and praised by your devoted team.
Maybe you didn't go to art school, but we think you're an artist in your own right and we want to meet you.
Please apply only after reading the following carefully and making absolutely certain that you meet the needs of this role.
We don't want to disappoint you or waste your time.
PLEASE ADD YOUR PORTFOLIO TO YOUR APPLICATION!
To bring original art and message to life on commercial products, on schedule, through managing the team, constantly improving the process and delivering outstanding communication in all forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bring graphic art to life on multiple products, in multiple categories, using multiple techniques inclusive of print, color, graphics and surface design
- Creative lead on color within graphics, ensuring the brand aesthetic is unified
- Create and edit graphics, typography, prints, plaids, yarn dye stripes for production
- Partner with design team to create brand right pattern and color ways using Illustrator, Photoshop
- Appropriately reflect the Life is Good design philosophy and standards with direction from Design and Product Management
- Contribute to seasonal creative strategy and process for product, color and graphics
- Ensure feasibility of designs, price points, merchandising and product creation timelines through alignment with Design, Graphics and Product Development
- Achieve alignment and clarity through effective communication and presentation of design concepts
- Effectively hire, evaluate, direct and manage the Graphic Production team
- Create and communicate the process for efficient workflow
- Develop, communicate, and collaborate with Graphic Art team on best practice for development and maintenance of graphic assets and library
- Constantly improve your team's ability to complete quality work on time
- Build and communicate the process for efficient workflow, managing multiple projects and departmental needs
- Constantly educate team in all phases of graphic art and design execution, product execution
- Create a strike-off review process that includes contrast, color, execution, size
- Manage custom projects that meet fast turn-around, flexibility and quality standards
- Spend significant time looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard and making presentations
- Visually discern nuances and details of graphic art, color, size and dimension
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- You have worked in graphics in the apparel industry, hired and managed a team, and have deep knowledge of the product and graphic development processes
- You expertly use and can teach others the nuances of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and iOS
- You know what's most important to the brand when developing product - concept development through production
- You have demonstrated expertise and can articulate the how and why behind design concepts
- You're an expert in design principles and use of typography
- You know color theory and can articulate the best design practices for color usage on product.
- You have consistently executed tasks and projects, meeting deadlines at a fast pace
- You are known for your attention to detail with design, production files, and communication
- You have a compelling graphics portfolio
- You have worked in the Graphic industry and have a deep understanding of printing technques
- Your creative visual skill set enables you to translate complex technical art into commercial art on multiple product categories ranging from apparel to hard lines
- Manage and direct a team of Graphic Production Artists
- You have effectively presented creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams
- Ability to think and design for multiple categories with a deep knowledge of screen printing and apparel execution of art
Your Personal Attributes
- You believe passionately in our mission and the Life is Good Superpowers
- You are skilled and comfortable working independently and as part of a team of dynamic creative professionals
- You are known for your ability to give and receive feedback thoughtfully and constructively
- You are technology savvy and quick to learn new tools
- You love finding better ways to achieve outcomes by improving process
- You are passionate about training and helping others and have strong communication skills
- You are creative and curious by nature
- You are a rational optimist
- You speak and write clearly, simply and succinctly
- You present a consistently steady and optimistic demeanor
- You can quickly determine the best way to present visual assets to gain alignment on direction
- You welcome working with people from diverse personalities and perspectives
YOU'LL KNOW YOU'RE SUCCESSFUL WHEN…
- You have executed beautiful and saleable product that drives revenue strengthens our brand
- You have an effective, engaged team who consistently meet deadlines and goals
- Others view you as brand leader, a “company first” role model
Our Boston location is in the heart of the hopping "Innovation District", aka Fort Point. We have way too many choices for lunch, culture and fun, all easily accessible from just about anywhere in Boston. We have a tavern. We use it regularly.
In Hudson, New Hampshire, we have the perks of country life (free parking, an on-site gym, dogs to pet, trails to hike) and some of the most interesting people on the planet.
You'll be involved in growing our social mission through the Life is Good Kids Foundation. We offer top quality Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Transit or Parking Reimbursement Accounts, Life, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with matching funds, Vacation, 10 paid holidays, Personal Time, Good Vibes Time and Family Time.
Life is Good is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law. We also welcome vegans, vegetarians and carnivores.