Out of Print is dedicated to celebrating the world’s great stories through fashion and accessories while promoting literacy in underserved communities. We are seeking a passionate, creative, detail-oriented designer to join the creative team in our New York office. The Product Designer will work closely with the Design Director and Product Development team on both product development, packaging and print design.
*** IMPORTANT **** - Please apply using our online application process (NOT via Indeed - to be considered for this job you MUST apply at the website below):
Rate: $65,000 salary
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of work experience as a designer. This candidate should have a passion for designing patterns, t-shirt graphics and other product merchandise. Highly creative with a strong graphic design, typography and print design skills are a must. Illustration skills and knowledge of book culture are a big plus.
• Create graphics, patterns, packaging and any additional artwork needed for new product collections (both accessories and wearables)
• Work on wholesale and consumer catalogs seasonally throughout the year
• Initiate new product ideas as well as execute concepts from the Design Director
• Assist in trend research for the department, including, but not limited to, book culture, fashion, pop culture, color, and fabrication trends
• Create presentations and mock-ups
• Additional print projects such as packaging design and tradeshow booth graphics
• Take ownership of all projects and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of all assignments
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a graphic designer, with at least 2 years on product design
• Highly creative with strong design and typography skills
• Attention to detail a must
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a must
• Experience in the technical setup and preparation of artwork files for production
• Knowledge of traditional print production and ability to prep final files, collect assets and package files for print
• Knowledge of different printing techniques, fabrics and manufacturing materials a plus
• Ability to take direction from Design Director and follow through, meet deadlines and work independently
• Strong time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills a must
• Experience working with external vendors and printers
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.