SONNEMAN – A Way of Light is a leader in Design and Manufacturing of sophisticated contemporary lighting, with a world-renowned reputation for exemplifying the best in modern design.
We are seeking a Jr. Architectural Designer to work with our architectural design team on retail/show displays and lighting layouts. Candidate must demonstrate design problem solving capabilities on projects from concept to completion.
Responsibilities will include:
- Designing graphic and structural elements for trade show exhibits and product installations for interior architectural projects;
- Site surveys;
- Generating product proposals
-Work from rough sketches and specifications created by sales reps, architects and designers to architectural plans from knowledge of building techniques
-Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by architects and clients
-Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting 3D CAD software
- Undergraduate architectural training;
- Skilled in AutoCAD, SketchUp, with knowledge of Revit. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe CS applications a plus;
- Experience in any of the following: architecture, trade show exhibits, set design or industrial design;
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment;
- Proven experience in meeting project timelines;
- Ability to communicate professionally, verbally and in writing.
-Strong general design skills and ability to provide general visualization and design support to each project assigned
-Working experience in merchandising
-Ability to take creative direction and apply feedback into visual form
- Minimum 2 years professional design experience and college courses in architectural design;
-Physically layout/install retail displays
- US citizen or permanent resident (no Visa sponsorship available);
- Able to work full-time in our Westchester, NY office;
- Available for periodic domestic travel.
Start date ASAP. Competitive salary based on experience level, with an excellent benefits package.
Respond with cover letter, resume, salary requirements and link to portfolio (if available) to email@example.com.
Start date ASAP. Competitive salary based on experience level, with an excellent benefits package for covered for employee.
Respond with cover letter, resume, salary requirements and link to portfolio (if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply on COROFLOT.