Gropen is seeking a career-minded individual to join our Design team as a Production Designer. Gropen will provide resources for in-house and outside training to develop the unique set of skills required for this position.
• Prepare final proof artwork for customer orders. Sketches may be needed for speculative customer orders
• Create unique designs for customers that meet manufacturing standards
• Modify customer artwork to prepare digital art files that meet department standards and that fulfill precise manufacturing specifications.
• Specify appropriate materials and color to meet client design expectations.
• Prepare production art files for digitally controlled router, vinyl, and print fabrication processes.
• Minimum Associates Degree in Graphic or Industrial Design, Computer Graphics, Illustration, Commercial Art, or related field
• Demonstrated graphic design and/or illustration skills
• Two (2) years of experience with Adobe Illustrator software
• One (1) year of experience with Adobe Photoshop/InDesign software
• SketchUp skills a plus
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Understanding of drawing and working in scale (architectural and engineering)
• Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
• Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes
• Demonstrated level of dependability, initiative, and responsibility
• Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and often competing priorities
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive rate based on experience/skills
• Full-time position, following 30-day trial period
• Paid holidays and vacation time
• Company health and dental plans
• 401(k) retirement plan (eligibility after 1 year)
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.